Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Marriott

Freedman
By Freedman,
in

Resorts are listed at the bottom of the star ratings list... so they're listed under the 1* properties (although this is not correct in a heirarchy sense).

Look again, do you see the Resort option listed? (i checked earlier today and the Resort option was indeed there)

Does this change what star rating your want?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

But ther-in lies the 'risk'... it's an opaque purchase and there are no assurances that if you bid a Boutique property you will get the Water Club (which actually only appears rarely, and i don't think in quite some time). You could get a different Boutique property which has not yet been reported.

What is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know, I know.

Fair enough, on reflection, I am happy to go with Resort. The rates of the hotels themselves are very high. Given that I have to stay there pre and post cruise, I will pay what I have to, but obviously do not want to bid more than you think necessary. The maximum, of course, is defined by the hotwire price.....

Given my thoughts that hotel quality in San Juan is typicall less than expected, i would bid for the resort level.

Given your time before your stay, i would bid as follows:

Select Resort and bid $125, if rejected wait 72 hours and bid $150.

Then increase $10 every 72 hours until $200.

The above should take about 2 weeks and then give us an update.

If you'd rather not pay so much and just need a "place to sleep", or want to wait it out and see if prices come down at all, you can reserve the Holiday Inn Express as a back-up for $161/nite (cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]