Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House - Downtown) The Mayflower Renaissance Washington DC Hotel

canuck73
By canuck73,
in

Just won The Mayflower for $89 on first bid of the morning. Stayed at the JW Marriott last time and enjoyed it so hopefully the Mayflower is a similar experience. Traveling with a male friend of mine so hopefully getting two beds is not an issue otherwise I guess I better brush up on paper,rock & scissors to ensure I don't end up on a cot.

Yesterdays Bids

Tried $87 for **** White House-Downtown , Convention Ctr, Capitol Hill

Tried $83 for ***1/2 White House-Downtown , Convention Ctr, Capitol Hill

Tried $79 For *** White House-Downtown , Convention Ctr, Capitol Hill

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Great deal and glad you are looking forward to your stay. Sharing any prior wins (as separate threads) would be greatly appreciated, as the information does help others.

If you do need two beds, I'd call ahead and inquire if you could at least have the request noted in your reservation.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I actually did list my JW win previously but forgot my username/password/junk e-mail I signed up on so the win is recorded in your database! :P

I phoned the hotel as per your suggestion. The person was very friendly but was unable to edit the reservation and was unsure why as he said normally he can still edit third party reservations. He suggested I phone PRICELINE to make the inquiry on my behalf but it shouldn't be an issue provided I don't check in real late when they have no room choice left. Hopefully that is the case as it would be ideal if it was locked in but he was unable to edit it and right now its listed as King/Queen/Two Doubles No Preference however he did add the note Two Doubles to the reservation. Will give PRICELINE a call later though and see if that helps.

By the way, for future reference when you sign out of PRICELINE and re-sign in to clear the check box's should you re-click the referral links or can you just log back in PRICELINE and it will still have betterbidding.com as the referral?

I wasn't sure so just kept using the link from the Priceline Maps tool for each bid ( Which is extremely useful when you narrow it down to timeline and zones to give you a good indication of pricing bids! ) however it added extra steps that I am not sure were redundant.

I need to book a hotel in Boston later so wouldn't mind knowing if I am doing extra work for no apparent reason. Hopefully I am being clear in what I am asking. Let me know thanks.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board..

If you're simply making a new bid by adding a new zone or re-bid zone then it's not necessary to re-click the PRICELINE link... but if it's been an hour or more since your last bid then please re-click our links once again.

Thanks again!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]