Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Montreal (Downtown) Delta Montreal

trippin tre
By trippin tre,
in

Hi.

We are looking to find a deal (hopefully) for the above dates in downtown Montreal. Price is the main consideration but we really want to be downtown. Of course, the better the hotel, the happier we will be.

I see a 2* with no amenities listed at $55. Any ideas what that is? Can we assume that we can likely get a cheaper price through Priceline.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone else have any ideas what this hotel is?

No idea what is going on in Montreal that weekend. (I have a family function)

We are willing to bet on priceline, especially if the hotwire hotel is a big unknown. I would prefer to start with a 3* hotel I guess. $55 is pretty cheap and tempting, but I'm afraid it could be a dump.

Thanks for any tips.

Tre

Hmmm. Good questions!

I guess I would prefer to pay a bit more and get a better place. The max I am prepared to go is probably $75 a night at this point. (knowing there is a $55 price available - could this be the Quality Inn?) Of course that would be for a higher star rating.

If we were only looking for Friday night would we have better luck? We may be able to stay with someone else on Saturday....

Help is much appreciated.

I wish I knew what the 2* on Hotwire was.... Anyone?

Just checked Hotwire again and today there are totally different hotels and prices listed. Including:

3.5* with restaurant, pool, fitness center, spa, children's activities and business center - looks like the Delta - for $75

and

3* with restaurant, pool, and fintness - any ideas? - for $71

This is looking more promising. Can I expect to get simillar star levels on Priceline for even cheaper?

Okay, I have not bid yet on priceline but am ready to give it a go.

What appears to be the Delta on Hotwire is listing at $69 a night. (Pretty good deal as it stands).

So could you suggest a bidding strategy for me? I understand there are no re-bids at the 3* level (what the Delta is on Priceline) but I have a few tries at 4*s right? Obviously I will keep my bid under $69.

Also, the price for the Delta seems to gradually be dropping. Can I expect this to continue or should I bid ASAP and snatch it up on Hotwire at this price if Priceline does not accept my bids?

Thanks again.

Did you want to keep your 4* bidding at a maximum of $69 as well? I dont' think we have seen any recent bids accepted at this price or less.

I would bid as soon as you can... price drops do not go on forever and eventually while you're waiting to save $2-3 you can see the hotel disappear entirely and the next offer be in the $100's.

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $69.

If rejected i would bid the 3* level (be sure to close your browser and re-access priceline hwoever you did previously if you tried the above so that you now want to only be selecting the downtown zone and not the others that you previously used for a re-bid).

Bid $60.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]