Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Holiday Inn Historic

kstrom
By kstrom,
in

We decided on the spur of the moment to take a trip to Philly and placed bids on 9/4/05 for a room for that night. At about 9:30 AM on 9/4, I put in a bid for a $75 bid for 4* hotel in downtown Philly which was rejected. I immediately put in a $61 bid for a 3* hotel in downtown Philly. This bid was accepted. It was the Sheraton - Historic District. Although certainly not luxurious, the room was clean, the pillows were excellent, and the linens & furniture were good shape. As befits the name, the hotel was right in the middle of Philly's historic sights.

Here's a general question: are last minute low bids more or less likely to be accepted than other bids?

-- Karin

Egads ... we were at the HOLIDAY INN - Historic Distric, *not* the Sheraton - Historic District. I guess with all of our trips to Philly for medical reasons, the hotels are just blurring together. (This trip was for pleasure!)

Here's the correct info on the hotel: 3* Philadelphia Downtown on 9/4. Accepted bid: $61

Holiday Inn Phila-Histrc Dist

(215) 923-8660

(800) 843-2355

(215) 829-1796 (Fax)

(215) 923-4633 (Fax)

400 Arch St

Philadelphia, PA 19106

Sorry for the error,

Karin

I realized after reading responses to my post about getting a 3* in downtown Philly for $61 on 9/4 that I had said the wrong hotel. The correct hotel was Holiday Inn - Historic Distric *not* Sheraton- Historic District.

Holiday Inn Phila-Histrc Dist

(215) 923-8660

(800) 843-2355

(215) 829-1796 (Fax)

(215) 923-4633 (Fax)

400 Arch St

Philadelphia, PA 19106

BTW, when we checked in, the person at the desk asked if it was a priceline booking. I suspect the priceline booking may be responsible for us getting a room with no view (boxed in on 3 sides). But, on the positive side, our kids thought it was great to see the heating/AC system on the roof and the parking garage!

Sorry for the mistake ... too many recent trips to Philly, I guess. Karin

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]