Priceline Hotel: Detroit Cobo Center

silov3r
By silov3r,
in

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section.

I will be coming to an exhibition in Detroit in a couple of weeks. It will be held in the Cobo center. Now since I'm a student I'm looking for the cheapest option possible (as long as it isn't disgusting to stay there and that it's relatively clean). I have a car so I guess I can search outside of the downtown area. Any ideas on which area to look for and how much I should approximately expect to pay/bid? If free parking is available it's really a plus since parking can be over 20$/night. If I can get something for under 50$ that would be really nice.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm not familiar in detail with Detroit and outlying areas - I will note that it's very likely that hotels in the downtown area are going to charge for parking. Some hotels in the outlying areas may, but most probably do not. With HOTWIRE, you can look for listings with free parking as an amenity.

What are the date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

silov3r,

I would suggest try getting something in the Dearborn area (15 minutes). You should be able to get something decent in Dearborn between $40-$65. Also, you could most likely get something (3*)for under $50 at DTW airport area, DTW area is about 25 minutes out but it's almost a straight shot downtown. But like AaronJB said, Downtown hotels will charge you parking......at least the decent hotels will.

silov3r,

I would suggest try getting something in the Dearborn area (15 minutes). You should be able to get something decent in Dearborn between $40-$65. Also, you could most likely get something (3*)for under $50 at DTW airport area, DTW area is about 25 minutes out but it's almost a straight shot downtown. But like AaronJB said, Downtown hotels will charge you parking......at least the decent hotels will.

The dates are April 15- April 18 (or 19)

So I take that DTW is slightly cheaper than Dearborn. BTW are the main highways always traffic free? How are they during rush hours?

I am not familiar with Detroit's areas, but I will note there's a 2.5* for $41 that's 100% recommended in Livonia w/:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Suite

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Kitchenette

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Under budget, free parking and free breakfast. Additionally solid reviews from HOTWIRE customers and tripadvisor (4/5) - you can see the tripadvisor rating on the detail page for the listing (tripadvisor logo + 4/5 circles shaded)

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a GUESS would be the Towneplace Suites Livonia.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

silov3r,

I believe the traffic is OK if they are not doing any construction work. But I live in the suburbs so I really can't tell you if construction is underway on I-94 (DTW/Dearborn areas) or I-96 (Livonia area).

Yes, Livonia is another option but depending on where about in Livonia. I know that the Towneplace Suites Livonia is a lot further west, off of I-275 which is ALWAYS crowded during rush hour.

If you bid in the DTW area, try bidding for $46 for a 3.5*, you will most likely get the Marriott or Embassy Suites by the airport. Both are nice hotels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]