Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center) Radisson Hotel Orlando - International Drive

PMLM
By PMLM,
in

I bid for a 3 1/2 star UPSCALE and this is what I got stuck with. Not too happy about it since the majority of the reviews for this hotel are not anything near "upscale". I've also read that they charge a resort fee and it's nothing even close to a resort! I think Priceline needs to start reading their own customers reviews and re-rating their hotels!

Hi,

i also won this hotel for $40 (with a $10 coupon code).

In Orlando, most of the hotels (even the big ones like Hilton) charge a "resort fee".

We are traveling with a car, so we are happy we have parking and wifi for the $10 fee.

On tripadvisor the ratings are better (4/5), also on booking.com (8/10).

So, I expect it will not be as bad as you say.

Look forward to your review ;)

I bid for a 3 1/2 star UPSCALE and this is what I got stuck with. Not too happy about it since the majority of the reviews for this hotel are not anything near "upscale". I've also read that they charge a resort fee and it's nothing even close to a resort! I think Priceline needs to start reading their own customers reviews and re-rating their hotels!

The resort fee is only $10 and yes the majority of hotels in Orlando except the Disney resorts charge resort fees!

I have been reading a lot of reviews that a many places charge "resort fees", this was the case when we booked a hotel on Clearwater Beach...which is more like a resort compared to this place. I guess I was looking at a "resort fee" as a fee when you book a resort or a nicer hotel, not for something like the Radisson. LOL

I hate to be negative about it until I see it, it's just the reviews I've been reading on Priceline don't mirror that of a 3 1/2 upscale resort! And being that we are there for vacation, I would like for it to be nice, and clean!

And you're right Tom, I didn't think of it that way...at least I don't have to pay for wi-fi and parking and I am thankful for that! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)

I'll be back with a review when I get back.

We won 2 rooms here last October. It was as bad as it sounds. The restaurant was closed during our stay, the gift shop didn't have change for any purchases, our room keys never worked (even after having them re-programmed and walking directly to our room with the key in hand), parking wasn't always available, our room wasn't cleaned, and when we attempted to speak with the manager, he/she was never available.

The year before, we won the Rosen Plaza and didn't have any problems. Looking back and after staying at the Radisson on I-Drive, the Rosen Plaza should have been a 5* luxury resort! I will never bid on a 3.5* hotel in this area again. On the positive side, I did get Priceline to reimburse us 1 night for each room and the Radisson gave us 72k Club Carlson points. I also successfully disputed the $10 resort fee ($80 total for 4 nights/2 rooms) with my credit card.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]