Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark - Meadowlands (Meadowlands - Rutherford) Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel

JessieM
By JessieM,
in

Dates 4/27-28

90% recommendation

$100/3 people

Free Parking

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

It seemed more helpful to put this in a new thread, but let me know if I should have appended it.

2.5-star Secaucus - Meadowlands

Same dates: 4/27 and 28

$98/3 people

95% recommended

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Says it costs $154 on other sites: Could this be the Secaucus La Quinta? (That's the direct price on its Web site; The Clifton LQ is only $105 direct.) Any thoughts on whether this is better than Crown Plaza Fairfield at $100 (which you suspect in my other search)? Both have free parking and Internet. LQ would come with fridges and microwaves, plus free breakfast. We're doing a concert in Montclair on the 28th and then one in the City on the 29th (leaving immediately after for D.C.)

Interestingly, changing it to 2 people (I've been searching 3 people to ensure two beds) gets this. Do you think it's the Clifton La Quinta instead? Would it not show up for 3 people because they have no rooms with two beds left? Thanks for all your input!

2.5 stars

$65

75% recommendation

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

For consistency please post your dates as check-in/check-out rather 4/26 and 4/27 as it makes it easier to follow.

I'm only seeing the second property listed regardless of whether i search for 2adults or 3adults... my guess for this one would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites Clifton would be a likely candidate for this one.

Some hotels don't offer their rooms to the opaque providers for more than double occupancy as making them 'run of house' reservations (and room type assigned at check-in) gives them more flexibility to manage their room inventory.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I still see the first one (2.5-stars, $98/3 people, 95% recommendation, $154 on other sites). The dates are 4/27 check-in and 4/29 check-out. (Could you have searched one day earlier, given the dates you typed above?)

Thanks for the "run of the house" explanation. :)

Why do I continue to get the result and you don't? (I'm searching for "Montclair, NJ" if that could *possibly* make a difference. Check-in 4/27, check-out 4/29. 1 room. 3 adults.)

The result, again, is:

2.5-star Secaucus - Meadowlands

$98/3 people

95% recommended

$154 on other sites

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Sometimes HOTWIRE will show different results to different users for the same search... it could be due to their algorithm of what hotel(s) to show when two (or more) hotels are close in price to one another, or it could be a test on their end trying to determine what offers will increase conversions, etc. etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have looked at this property based upon the information provided and am not able to gain any insight.

If it appears on my search i can dig deeper and investigate further, but as i can't see it i'm unable to gain any additional clues by which to search by. I did just search again and am still seeing a different property.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the red SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

No, those were all the amenities. (The hotel has appeared and disappeared from my search a couple of times... it's currently gone right now for me.)

I'm seeing a 3* in this zone for these date/s when searching for two people:

w/Free Parking

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

The full amenity set only appears when clicking "see details" to go to the detail page and then clicking "see all amenities".

This listing has not yet been ID'd, but my guess for this particular amenity set would be a new amenity set for the Sheraton.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Decided to bid on Priceline (dates still 4/27 check-in, 4/29 check-out).

West Orange was our first choice. I'd already failed yesterday going up to $120 for the 3.5-star Wilshire Grand.

I took it down to 3 stars today, starting at 60 in West Orange. Added a re-bid zone of West Jersey City for $65. Added Meadowlands-Rutherford at $70, which was accepted by the 3.5-star Sheraton. Total with taxes for two days: $170.10.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]