Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help - London / Paris / Rome

wk20a
By wk20a,
in

Hi,

Looking for some help in regards to rebid zones for London / Paris / Rome. I've looked at the top thread with the zones, but I am not sure if I should trust this list for zones?

For example, for London, I've looked on Priceline doing a regular search in one window, and then a second search looking at the bidding zones - I compared by filtering the 5* and then 4* hotels to see which zone has what types of hotels. From what I saw, there is only 1 rebid zone for 4* and 3 rebid zones for 5*. However, when I read some of the successful wins on this board for 4*, people are adding rebid zones that have 4*, but yet are winning in their original bid zone.

I just want to ensure that when I bid for a zone (ie. Westminister in London), I don't end up in a hotel in another zone that I had added just for rebidding purposes. Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please use a separate thread for each leg of your trip... we'll use this thread for your London stay, feel free to start NEW TOPICS for each of the other parts of your trip.

You should NOT use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones. As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing. DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

You also can't use the 'retail' side of PRICELINE since each side of their service uses a different universe of hotels, and the zone boundaries for each side of their service are different.

The only method that should be used is outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read this previous thread and see if you can determine your re-bid zones for London, of which at the 5* level there are SIX re-bid zones and at the 4* level there are TWO.

If you've read the previous thread and are still confused please post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the links. It's been many years since I have used PRICELINE so the explanation helps and it makes sense to me.

I will use this thread for my London hotel section. My date of stay is 5/12/2013 - 5/16/2013. Noticed that there are numerous wins for the 5* Marriott County Hall in Westminster for ~$85, so this would be a great win if I can get it.

Just tried bidding, 5* Westminster, using rebids tried $75, +$5 increments all the way to $105, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Rates are date specific so you won't always necessarily be able to replicate somebody elses winning bid when their dates are different then your own.

Is the Westminster zone the only one that you're willing to accept? How high are you willing to bid for a 5* hotel before you lower your star rating to 4*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

HOTWIRE for your dates:

Westminster 5* $236

Mayfair 5* $215

Islington $162

Westminster 4* $169

The dollar has been doing better against the pound lately so that is actually helping you. However, you might be running into an event or holiday. And maybe London tourist and/or business-traveler business is picking up.

PRICELINE bidding can be a bit less expensive than HOTWIRE, but the above numbers are at least indicative.

When you were bidding, did you happen to click the new Priceline product - "PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals"? It is sort of their answer to HOTWIRE - no bidding and a little more info up front. Tends to be a little more expensive, but works for some.

Also, on this site, under Tools above, MAPS and HOTELS.com is also great for researching.

Romelle

Chelsea - Knightsbridge - Harrods area hotel

4*

Amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind

, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom , Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Recommended:

In 85% of Hotwire customer reviews.

$100

Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho area hotel

5*

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Spa Services

$214

Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben area hotel

4*

Amenities:

Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

Recommended:

In 75% of Hotwire customer reviews.

$170

Best guess for each:

Chelsea - Knightsbridge - Harrods area hotel

==> Millenium Copthorne Chelsea (aka-Millennium Chelsea Football Club

Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho area hotel

==> The Waldorf Hilton

==> i'm not currently seeing this property fofered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this one on your own search?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I can see the hotel still if I adjust the date to 5/12-5/16

4*

Amenities:

Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

Recommended:

In 75% of Hotwire customer reviews.

$170

• 5 weeks later...

Still looking for a hotel in London....there doesn't seem to be many good deals for me! Any idea which hotel this could be:

May 12- May 16

$165

4-star Hotel in Bloomsbury - St. Pancras Station - British Museum

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

PRICELINE EXPRESS also has a similar hotel, could it be the same property?

4 Star Hotel in Bloomsbury - Marble Arch Area

$179

Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business Center

The Holiday Inn Bloomsbury has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one, although with such common amenities it could be just about anything and i wouldn't be too surprised if it was something else.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS property could be the same hotel or something different, just as my comments above, with just these three amenities, which are present at almost all 4* hotels in this area, it's too difficult to stay with any degree of certainty exactly which one this may be.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help along the way.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]