Help with ATL Car Rental!

twolabs
By twolabs,
in

I used the PRICELINE link through this website, but I've had a tough time getting a successful bid. I need a car from the Atlanta airport, pickup around 10:30AM on 4/5 and return about 6:30 AM on 4/9.

I've seen on this site and others that winning bids for fullsize or standard in ATL are as low as $13, with several around $15 and some around $18. I started my bidding about a week ago and I've gone all the way up to $20 for both full and standard.

Any other strategies except just to keep going $1 higher each day?

When I've had trouble with car rentals via PL, I often try the HOTWIRE link at the top of the BB Board. Just click on Hotwire above the hotel date stays and it will transfer you to the Hotwire site where you can often find some good deals with reputable car rental companies not included in PL's name your own price (like Dollar). Of course, I tried it for your dates and no such luck for a lower rate at this time. Good option, however, for future reference.

As you may or may not be aware these dates are over the finals for the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament so the city will be VERY BUSY... the increased demand has increased rates on rental cars. You may get a last minute deal if some companies don't book as many vehicles as they anticipated, but you also run the risk that they book MORE than anticipated and are sold-out or rates are even higher.

I'd use our Car Rental Checker to find a fully refundable reservation and then try PRICELINE and HOTWIRE up until the last minute.

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately do for this rental.

Have a good trip.. and enjoy the games if you're attending.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]