Priceline Hotel: Need some advice booking Downtown hotel, and IDing a 2-Star Express deal!

minaxshop
By minaxshop,
in

I am trying to book a hotel for three nights, from Friday 04/19/13 - Monday 04/22/13. Dates are set, I have already booked flights. Not sure if there is a big event going on that weekend or what, but for some reason, the prices for this weekend are significantly higher than any of the other weekends in March and April! It's been driving me nuts. I've been trying to bid from $70 for a Four-Star, and eventually have moved down to my most recent (and rejected) bid--$50 for a 2-star hotel. Not even a single counter-offer, which is funny, because the Express Deals offer a 2-star hotel for $62/night...

Should I try bidding again as the date gets closer, or should I just accept the 2-star hotel under the Express Deals? I have a feeling it may be Hotel Seattle, which I've heard horror stories about, but if it's the last resort I may have to take it. Here are the guaranteed amenities listed for the express deal: Free Internet & Restaurants. Any idea what hotel it may be?

Any help would be great. I'm envious of all you people getting upscale hotels at such great prices!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I did find a 6K person conference from 4/16-4/21 which may be effecting your stay.

It's not uncommon for a 4* hotel to cost more than $70 in Seattle, in fact i'd say it's more common then not... what bids did you make at the 3.5*, 3*, and 2.5* levels? Are you bidding both Pike Place and Space Needle zones or only one of these?

Unfortunately I don't have any insight into the 2* PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has a 2.5* for $84 in the Downtown-Space Needle area w/:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Kitchenette

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

This property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but if you click on the listing to go to the detail page and then scroll down, you should see a tripadvisor logo w/a 4/5 rating (4 out of 5 circles shaded.)

While unfortunately over your desired limit, the property at least gets good reviews and the kitchenette (which may be a refrigerator/microwave or something more) may be good for leftovers.

You could also try bidding at the 2.5/3* level at $72-$77 and see if anything accepts, although no guarantee that it will get as positive reviews as the above listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I don't know the specifics of your travel plans, but maybe one of the airport hotels could work for you? They tend to be significantly less expensive than downtown Seattle. The light rail from there to downtown runs very regularly. 37 minutes running time. $2.75 if their web site is current.

If you have to be downtown for most of the time, even your first and/or last night at the airport might save enough on your budget to make those downtown hotels affordable for the remainder.

Romelle

...I am trying my luck with PRICELINE, but I don't think it'll work out well lol.

What hotel, and at what price, is your next best option?

You can try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will make it easy to see hotel rates in the area you'd like to stay as well as how much more/less it will cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further away from your ideal location.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]