Priceline Hotel: 2* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook - Downers Grove) Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

robinbtravel
By robinbtravel,
in

I'm sorry I am posting this late, but I thought you still might want a price point and my comments.

I couldn't find a dog sitter for my overnight stay in Lombard, so I ended up using Priceline's Express Deals on the day of my arrival. I selected a hotel with the little paw print that meant the pets were allowed. I was pretty sure that it was going to be either one of the Extended Stay Americas and both of them got fairly good reviews so I was happy with either one. I paid $34 less the 5% "spring" discount and the best available rate was $59.

When my husband arrived at the hotel he was told that we were assigned a room with a single queen sized bed. Our daughter was also staying with us so he asked for a room with 2 beds. They charged us an additional $15 for the second bed. I am well aware that Priceline guarantees bedding for only 2 people and that the hotel was within their rights to charge us an additional amount for an extra person/bed. However, I have booked over 100 rooms on Priceline and I have never been asked to pay extra for two beds. Never. We are sometimes assigned a room with a single bed, but we are always either moved without a problem or given a rollaway for free. BE AWARE that if you bid for a 2* in this area and you need 2 beds the Extended Stay America will jack you up for an additional $15. It really left a bad impression of the brand for me and I will not choose an Extended Stay America hotel by choice because of it.

The hotel had recently been renovated and looked nice with a new coat of paint. But, that was more like liptsick on a pig. The beds were rock hard and uncomfortable, there was no shampoo in the bathroom & the breakfast was the lamest I have ever seen. It was granola bars, apples, instant oatmeal and coffee. The fact that I had to pay $49 for this crappy hotel v/s the $34 I expected added insult to injury. Oh ... and I think if they had actually seen the dog they would have charged us another $25 fee.

Here is the booking information.

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook

Summary of Charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $34.00 (USD)

choose your card

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $34.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $10.99 (USD)

Priceline Hotel Coupon: -$1.70 (USD)

Total Charged to Card: $43.29 (USD)

(All prices are in US dollars)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]