Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Arlington) Hyatt Arlington

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I need to be in Arlington, VA to attend a meeting: need to stay close to the National Science Foundation, hence Hyatt & Westin's should be okay.

I believe there are 8 rebid zones, so I tried bidding from $80 through $100, exhausting all the rebids without success. I need to try again tomorrow. Can you please suggest a bidding strategy to help me here.

Of course, I used the PRICELINE link here.

thanks - Noela.

I'm guessing you'll need to be near the $120-$140 area to be successful for a 4* hotel in this zone for these dates... how high are you willing to bid for just this one zone before lowering your star rating OR considering other nearby zones?

Also, 'downtown' DC looks to be fairly inexpensive for these dates, would you be interested in staying there and then taking the Metro to where you need go? (i'm not sure of metro access to your desired location but i mention in case it's an option as staying in the city for this nite may actually be a little cheaper then the 'suburbs')

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know the information above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare: thanks very much - I think I am not willing to bid higher than $100. My event is about one block away from the Ballston Metro stop, so I can either stay in the downtown DC or any other 3* hotel in the Arlington area (I have to ensure it is close to either the Hyatt or Westin).

Thanks - Noela

Hello,

Tried this one yesterday, starting from $80 to $100, using all 8 rebid zones without success.

But then tried again this evening, starting at $81.00 and was successful.

Offer Price: $81.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $81.00

Taxes & Fees: $18.97

Total Charged to Card: $99.97

This looks like a steal around this time ----

Thanks for the board, and of course, I used the associated PRICELINE link.

Rgds, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]