Priceline Hotel: Help with Vancouver, BC Please

pdxor
By pdxor,
in

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Priceline and planning a trip to Vancouver, BC from 5/31/2013 to 6/7/2013. I'm looking for:

First choice: Downtown or Granville

Second: Airport or Burnaby

with free parking and Internet -- kitchenette optional (I wouldn't mind cooking)

I'm not too concerned with the star rating, as long as the hotel is clean and bedbug free. It appears that hostels and B&B aren't included on the bid side, as Priceline guarantees private bathrooms.

I'm really liking Robson Suites, it's strange that they're only rated as a 1. It also appears that they aren't listed as a express deal. Accent Inn (Airport) also doesn't look bad, especially if I could request a kitchenette room. It appears that this may be the hotel listed for $59 on express deals (or $54 on Expedia).

With this time of year, would it be better to bid early or last minute? What would be the best bidding strategy in this case, since the one hotel I do like is listed as a 1?

Thanks again,

Ron

As far as when to bid, see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Arrival' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

With PRICELINE you can't bid on a specific hotel , you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. Would you be willing to accept any 1* hotel any of the zones that you find acceptable? Also, 'Free Parking' is not something that you can control with PRICELINE... although on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS you can look for a hotel that shows the Free Parking amenity, but these may be far and few between given the zones that you mention above that you're willing to bid.

Let us know your thoughs on how you'd like to proceed and we will take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply,

Prior to posting, I had read the article relating to the best time to book. I was hoping that someone would have experience with Vancouver, BC during this time of year. I also have to wait for a couple of weeks until my passport is issued.

I also know that there is no guarantee on the hotel when bidding, as each of the three sales have different inventory, that may or may not overlap. I have noticed though, Express deals and NYOP can be narrowed down to a small selection in most cases, so we have a general idea what we may get.

I would be willing to go with 1 with some areas (downtown zones) and 2+ in the outer areas.

Thanks again,

Ron

Please continue this thread once you receive your passport and you're ready to commit to a purchase as the hotels, and prices, that are current available may be different by the time you're able to begin your bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello again,

My passport arrived early. Here my thoughts on the bidding strategy:

- Start with 5 star and move down with each bid in each area until I reach the lowest star rating wanted for that area.

1) Downtown

2) Granville

3) City Hall (Downtown South)

4) Richmond

5) Burnaby

If anyone has any other advice, it would be appreciated. If this looks good, I'll give a shot.

Thanks again,

Ron

Start with 5 star and move down with each bid in each area until I reach the lowest star rating wanted for that area.

No... that's not really a plan.

If you want to try for a 5* hotel first, what is your maximum bid at that star rating and which zone(s) are acceptable?

Thanks.

In this case, most likely I prefer below a 4. Currently, I'm planning on spending $70-100 a night, but if I could get find one less than budget, that would be bonus. With that in mind, perhaps:

3.5 (seperate bids)

Downtown

Granville

Richmond (Airport)

Burnaby

Then 3 with the same area's and so on.

In this case, most likely I prefer below a 4.

Keep in mind that the star rating you select is the minimum that you're willing to accept... PRICELINE could always upgrade your 3.5* bid to a higher rated hotel.

When bidding 3.5* in Vancouver you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown and Granville and Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Burnaby...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Granville and Airport and Burnaby...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]