Priceline Hotel: NY Hilton and Towers, 3-7 Sep

pancho
By pancho,
in

Hello - saw an article in the Sunday paper about this site, and in one afternoon it saved me lots of frustration (and money, too, I hope!). I was also able to get a deal in Seattle (Bellevue) for this coming weekend, which I'll post on the Hotwire forum.

I had been trying for about a week on Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com to find something in New York, but wasn't happy with what I was getting. Below is generally what happened:

In various combinations I had bid on 4* and 5*, Midtown East, Midtown West, and Upper Midtown for 3Sep03 to 7Sep03. Started at $95, then went to $100, and rejected every time. After looking around a little here, I decided that if I went to $115 I was probably likely to get something like the Waldorf. But I'm not very savvy at this game yet...if I were, I might have noticed the other posts on this board regarding the Hilton and Towers, and mayber something just over $100 might have done the job. But, I'm still pretty happy with what seems to be a good price for a good location in Manhattan. Thanks!

So, in sum, here's what I got:

On 11Aug03:

Bid $115 for 4*

3Sep03 to 7Sep03

Midtown East, West, and Upper

Accepted - New York Hilton and Towers

1335 Avenue of the Americas

New York 10019

212-585-7000

Thanks again,

Pancho

Welcome to BetterBidding.

Thanks for sharing your winning results with the rest of the board.

Feel free to ask for help and bidding strategies for your future bids. Usually there is somebody that is either local to the area or travels to the area enough to know the quirks of each zone.

Enjoy your stay in the Big Apple.

Looking forward to seeing you around the board.

PS- was it the Washington Post article that ran a few weeks ago, or something more recent?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]