Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

dopplerbob
By dopplerbob,
in

I booked airfare to Ft Lauderdale for April 27th to May 4th, 7 nights. I just tried bidding on a 4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach area hotel without being accepted. I went from $70 up to $80 in 4 separate bids spaced by $3 or so. Didn't really expect to get anything at those rates yet but I figured it would be a good opportunity to try out my bidding skills using the methods from this board. I added 4 other zones that lacked a 4* hotel, 1 at a time, to my desired "Beach" zone while also adding $3 to my bid each time. Worked flawlessly. But I am not sure if I should go higher now, or would I have better luck waiting a few weeks and start low again. I only want a 4* and have seen some successful bids here on the board for the Beach area for under $90. Obviously I have a few months to go so I have a choice. What do you folks think is better to do, in your experience?

Bob

Nobody can say (not even the hotels) if rates will come down between now and your stay as it all depends how actual demand (new reservations and cancellations) comes in relative to expectations. However, you do comment that you didn't expect anything at these rates, so i would at least increase your bids to the low end of the range of what you would think is reasonable.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 4* hotel in this zone? Using this as a baseline how high would you be willing to bid to lock-in a non-refundable reservation for an 'unknown' hotel at this time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling it is the Pier 66, but you guys have a better idea.

Here is the info it gives me.

Priceline express deal:

Check In: Sat Apr 27, 2013

Check Out: Sat May 4, 2013

Ft Lauderdale Beach Area

Guest Score:

Rated

7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Choose Bed:

$95 per night Marina View - 1 Bed Requested.

$126 per night Tower Room - 1 Bed Requested.

Guaranteed Amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Thanks for moving it into here Aaron. I bid up to $90 on a 4* FLL and they still didn't bite, but yet they offer it on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $95. Sometimes they don't make sense!

Using the link and code in my signature why not take the $95 PRICELINE EXPRESS offer as after the 5% off it will be just 25 cents more than your last rejected PRICELINE bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure how many hotels in the area have a balconies but it may be hard time align your desire for a balcony guarantee with a deep discount. Unless it's an 'all balcony hotel' you won't be able to do this thru PRICELINE bidding nor thru HOTWIRE, your only option would PRICELINE EXPRESS and in that situation you would not only need to have a hotel with balconies be the hotel at the star rating offered in this zone, but also have the hotel participate in the BED CHOICE option and offer this room type at a discount.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

OK after reading some horror stories about the "Garden View" rooms on Tripadvisor and Yelp, I decided to pay the extra and jump on the Priceline Express "Tower" room. I read and confirmed that all of the Tower rooms have balcony's. The price dropped by $7 this morning from $126 to $119. I knew it had to be the Hyatt Pier 66 because the Express deal gives it away by offering a Marina View or a Tower Room . I believe this is the only 4* hotel that has those types of rooms in the same property in the FT. Laud. beach zone. So with the 5% coupon code, the 7 nights came to $913 after taxes and fees. If I booked through the hotel, it would be $1391 for the same room. Just be careful. If you want to do a "name your own price" on this property, you won't get the Tower room with the balcony. You will end up with the "run down" Marina view room. I put "run down" in quotes because I am going by what 85% of the reviewers said after staying in one of those rooms. I am glad I held off and read all of the info on this site and also reviews. I will return the favor and make sure I give a review upon return (or maybe while I am there- free wifi in the Tower rooms)

Bob

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you are pleased with your decision and the outcome and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]