Priceline Hotel: Boston 5 nights 3/21- 3/26 4*

LokiRN
By LokiRN,
in

Hello BB,

Used BB a few times and am looking for suggestions in Boston-- area in or close to Commons- 3/21-26. ThuRs till checkout Tues.

Have bid (using BB link) a couple of times for a 4*. Bids include $75-85-95-103-106-125-135. Bid areas include Commons, Financial, Copley, and some non4* re-bid zones. No luck as yet. Will start including Beacon Hill

I am considering breaking the bids into 2+ stays. Preference is for near Commons area 3/24 and will consider raising bids and dropping stars.

Is there a good method to split the days for bidding with my stay Thur. till Tues. departure? R/F then S/S/M or, R then F/S/S or, R/F/S and target Sun or some other combo? Poor bidding idea to split Sat-Sun?

I can leave Mon 25th out of bidding in hopes of them offering another night stay or bid for easy departure or other sightseeing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Thursday --> Tuesday stays usually don't split well since you still have week nites either on the beginning or end of the reservation (ie- included in the stay with the weekend nites)

Have you checked retail rates for these dates as they are quite high and at current prices i don't think your $135 bid is realistic for a 4* property. Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 4* property in one of the zones that you're bidding?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello BB,

I checked some date combos and Sun/Mon (24th/25th) was quoted lower rates w/ 4* available in Commons, Quincy and Back Bay for $105 to $150.

Bid 85 in Commons -> was offered free re-bid for 105. Added Back Bay for $98 and got the Omni Boston Parker House.

I will post result in an "Omni" titled post and results for the 3/21-23 bids when it is done.

Regards,

Glad to see you were (partially) successful for this trip and pleased with the Priceline results.

Generally speaking Sunday is the least expensive nite of the week for hotel rooms since business travelers have not yet arrived and tourists have already gone home. Your win for Sun-Tues is likely the result of the lower priced Sunday nite rate averaging with the higher priced Monday nite.

Please continue this thread for help with, or to report a win for, your remaining nites of 3/21-2/24.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]