LGA (New York LaGuardia) --> MCO (Orlando))

hkim
By hkim,
in

Hello,

I'm new to Priceline bidding but really hoping I can get a winning bid asap.

I'm planning a last minute trip from NYC to Gainesville, FL for next week (3/13 to 3/16 - Wed to Sat). I'd really like to keep the travel dates set (flexible with time of day, since there is an 80% chance both will be morning flights) but I'm willing to play around with several airlines-- I can leave from LGA or JFK but can arrive at GNV, JAX or MCO, or if really necessary, an airport in Tampa (TPA).

I've been seeing winning bids come up from $122-200, and I'd really like to keep the price below $150 to make it worth it. Is this a plausible win, if I use the rebidding system? Retail prices are about $350-450 currently.

Also: I'm a bit confused about the rebidding. If I put NYC instead of a specific airport as my start point, does that count as a new bid, even if I limit it to JFK/LGA? and if I use Newark or EWR as my starting point and use only JFK and LGA, is that a new bid as well?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been seeing winning bids come up from $122-200, and I'd really like to keep the price below $150 to make it worth it. Is this a plausible win, if I use the rebidding system? Retail prices are about $350-450 currently.

In the current airfare environment we don't see too many VERY deep discounts on airfare so your $150 seems a bit aggressive, but you can certainly give it a try, as we've been surprised with some accepted bids in the past. However, i'm assuming the $122-$200 winning bids aren't for the same dates as your own travel, in which case they have much less meaning in relation to your own bidding.

Also: I'm a bit confused about the rebidding. If I put NYC instead of a specific airport as my start point, does that count as a new bid, even if I limit it to JFK/LGA? and if I use Newark or EWR as my starting point and use only JFK and LGA, is that a new bid as well?

Think of it this way... regardless of which airports you select, the criteria that PRICELINE uses to determine a duplicate bid is the city that you use to start the search (ie- the city you use as origin/destination which then loads the page with the available airports)... so while you can select the same airports each time you bid, if you access the airport selection page which any of these following there are each treated as a separate bid:

1) Newark, NJ --> Jacksonville

2) Islip --> Jacksonville

3) Jamaica, NY --> Jacksonville

4) Woodbridge, NJ --> Jacksonville

etc, etc, etc

Doe that make it clearer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, thank you so much for the clarifications.

What would a more reasonable bid be? I've been getting the message that while my original bid won't be accepted, here are some other deals:

$215

If you can arrive at/return from Orlando Intl Airport, FL (MCO) and return on Sunday, March 17 we can get you tickets for $215 per ticket including taxes and fees.

$230

If you can depart from/return to Newark Liberty Intl Airport, NJ (EWR) and Orlando Intl Airport, FL (MCO) we can get you tickets for $230 per ticket including taxes and fees.

(and higher prices I can't afford)

I've started at $60 (last week) and moved up to around 120. Those offers came up pretty frequently today (bidding between 75-120), sometimes with higher counteroffers (around 300-350).

*Edit: these prices were before taxes ($50); so starting bid was actually $110, not 60

-The flights to MCO and Tampa seem to be getting the lowest counterbids ($193-230 with tax)

-The flights to Jacksonville and Gainesville seem to be highest counterbids ($350 with tax)

If you were bidding $160 all-in and PRICELINE countered with $215 (or some other figure) you know at this point in time the 'right' price is between $161-$215... the question is if you're willing/able to bid higher then your current $160 ticket?

Yes, actually, we just accepted a counteroffer bid. It's not a steal but it's still a great price, I think!

We got a 7am flight from La Guardia to Orlando Intl (MCO) for tomorrow morning, and a 10:45am flight on Sunday back (MCO to LGA) both are non-stop which makes us really really happy!

They were $191 each; a counterbid we got from bidding $150 (with tax)

Thank you so much for your help, thereuare!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received non-stop flights and are pleased with the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great trip on this last minute trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]