Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Sheboygan Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan-Kohler

DougWI
By DougWI,
in

I apologize up front. I am trying my first ever price line bid, I’m frustrated and about to toss my laptop out the window.

About two hours ago I put in my first Priceline bid for $60 for a 2 ½* at $60 for tonight at Priceline in Sheboygan WI. My bid was rejected.

Trying to follow the instructions of this board I’m trying to add a second area like Kholer, Sheboygan Falls ,Plymouth, Elkart Lake WI then up my bid to say $75. I see no way to do this.

If I start a new bid for the area west of Sheboygan the Sheboygan area disappears from the search.

In other words I see no possible way to keep Sheboygan plus add a second area for a rebid.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would really appreciate your help.

I placed another bid at $75 for a 2.5* in Sheboygan for tonight. Again it was rejected but this time I got the below message:

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $75 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ###-###-###-##. If you are willing to raise your price by $27 to $102 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

This is a scam. I know it’s a scam because in another window I have the following pop-up:

Express deal Sheboygan Area$99

per night

Show Me 2.5Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)..This Hotel has: Free Breakfast | Free Internet | Indoor or Outdoor Pool | Free Parking | Business Center | Fitness Center

So Priceline wants me to bid higher then the express deal.

My first experience if using Priceline is not going very good.

I ended up taking the Sheboygan area 2.5* express deal at $99 via PRICELINE express deal.

I hit the enter button expecting to get the Holiday Inn Express in Sheboygan because that was the only 2.5* hotel in Sheboygan WI listed in their hotel list.

This is the hotel I got.

After all taxes and fees the hotel was $118.85 (USD)

My bids of $60 and $75 were rejected and I do not know what bid would have been accepted.

Honestly three hours of frustration was not worth it for me. After reading here about other people getting a 3.5* Wisconsin hotel for $43/night and me failing at getting a 2.5* at $75 I count my first attempt at using Priceline a failure. :unsure:

Sheboygan 2.5* was listed as

Free breakfast

Free internet

Indoor out outdoor pool

Free parking

Business center

Fitness center

= Holiday Inn Express

Note: I did not want to go to the 2* express deal. Although most of the 2* hotels were fine the “View hotels” tab revealed Price line counted one hotel as 2* that really is a total dump and knowing my luck that would be the place I’d get.

This area had no hotels above 2.5* They do exist in this area, for example Kohler Club and Blue Harbor they just apparently are not offered via PRICELINE.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear your first PRICELINE experience was a frustrating one, but you received a discount off of prevailing rates so i'm not sure what didn't go so smoothly.

When bidding in Sheboygan there are no re-bid zones so you can only get one bid every 24 hours. The fact that you can't bid again shouldn't make it a frustrating experience, you were looking for something that simply didn't exist, and next time you'll be wiser and understand more about the bidding process.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

nova10,

If you have more winning bids to report please share them with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of them when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]