Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Tryp Times Square South

godofcar
By godofcar,
in

I would like to book through Hotwire for 2 rooms between May 13-18. So far I've found these unnamed hotel choices

3* Empire State Building area hotel for $222 with these amenities: Suite, Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service) (85% recommendation)

3* Midtown Central area hotel for $246 with these amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, High-Speed Internet Access, Kitchenette, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower (95% recommendation)

3* Midtown East area hotel for $244 with these amenities: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s),Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower (85% recommendation)

Thank you in advance.

Best guess for each:

3* Empire State Building

Murray Hill East Suite

3* Midtown Central area hotel

<no guess>

3* Midtown East area

Roger Smith Hotel

Not sure what you're looking for from this stay but i would take a look at PRICELINE EXPRESS there is a 3* hotel in the MSG-Chelsea zone with Free Internet, Restaurant, Business, Fitness for $205/nite and a 9.0/10.0 rating from previous guests. My guess for this property would be the Distrikt Hotel but even if it's not, it has a very high review from previous guests and is about $50/nite cheaper then anything you've asked about above.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm just trying to search for a hotel which is close enough to places where the tourists would normally go. Your suggestion for PRICELINE is very attractive and I will take a look at that and post my result in a separate thread if needed and of course I will click on the below link to start my search. Thank you very much.

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread. Thanks. Additionally, just my opinion, while time should absolutely be devoted to seeing the sights in NYC, if you've never been I'd also take some time to explore neighborhoods and other local sights/shops/restaurants. Times Square is arguably the most widely known attraction in NYC, but I really wouldn't recommend devoting much time to it.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I don't see a way to change the title so I am going to write my successful search here.

Basically, I used PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals to purchase 2 3* hotel rooms at Madison Square Garden - Convention area for $205.00 per night without knowing the hotel name ahead of time. I end up getting TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South. The review for this hotel is quite good and I'm happy about that. I also search for places to go and I learn that the Statue of Liberty is now closed due to Sandy and there is no reopen date at this moment. Therefore, I will visit the Ground Zero museum and then the shopping area in Manhattan and also the Woodbury outlet for sure. I will also visit Chinatown quite often as well. However, do you any other neighborhood where is worth to check it out? Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and are looking forward to your stay at this well reviewed property.

If you recall, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that were shown before your purchase?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. I'm not sure what type of things you like to do, but Greenwich Village is one of my favorite areas of the city.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]