Hotwire Hotel: Help with Hotel in Baltumore, MD - 6/12 to 6/16

exorr
By exorr,
in

My wife and I are taking a vacation to Baltimore this summer with our 2 kids (ages 2 and 4). We are on a limited budget and are looking for a hotel in the inner harbor area as we can walk to everything from there. I would prefer a hotel closer to the water, but that's not a requirement. My main concern would be getting a non-smoking room with 2 beds (the 2 beds thing is mainly why I don't want to use Priceline since they only guarantee 2 adults). I noticed if I put in 2 adults and 2 children the results were different than if I put in 4 adults. So wondering if I should just use 4 adults to guarantee 2 beds? The details of the hotel I'm looking at are;

Downtown and Inner Harbor area hotel

3 1/2 stars

$90.00 a night

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center

I would really like a pool as it would be free fun for the kids so this one seems right for us and I believe Smoke Free Rooms means all rooms are smoke free so I don't need to worry about a smoking room.

The only hotel that seems to match with this is "Sheraton City Center" which traveladvisor reviews aren't too thrilled about. Do people agree this is probably the hotel and if so; any ideas on how I can change my search to find another hotel? This is the first time I'm using Hotwire or Priceline.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm getting the same offer regardless if i search for 2adutls/2children or 4adults/0children, and the amenities shown are slightly different then the ones you're seeing:

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

... on a current HOTWIRE search are you still seeing the previous amenity set you posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, sorry that's the same one I see. I just removed the Indoor Pool piece since Pool is the same :) Would you agree that it's probably the Sheraton City Center?

Edit: and I get the same offer in terms of it looks like the same Hotel; but the cost with 4 adults is $90 and with 2 adults and 2 children its $84 which makes me think the 4 adults is a bigger room.

My best guess for this property would be the Sheraton Inner Harbor, which is a different property then the Sheraton City Center.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that the additional fee for 4adults vs. 2adults/2chidlren would result in a larger room, it could just the hotel charging for more for double occupancy when the additional guests are adults vs. no charge for children when they are the 3rd/4th guest in a room.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Please check our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]