Hotwire Hotel: ID 5* London hotel "Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben area"

Al Huntington Beach
By Al Huntington Beach,
in

I am trying to identify the following hotel: 5* London hotel Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben area, Hotwire $181 per night for the time period July 26, 2013 through July 31, 2013.

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

I am hoping that it is the Intercontinental London Westminster based upon this post: 5 star Priceline London Hotel

Any help would be appreciated.

Al

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any additional insight as to which one it may be.

While the Intercontinental London Westminster is certainly a possibility, the thread you linked to above is for a PRICELINE win, and each service uses their own system to evaluate hotels and assign a star rating... so this 5* HOTWIRE hotel may not necessarily be 5* rated by PRICELINE. However, with this noted, i wouldn't be too concerned about quality given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating shown for this property.

Since this a FIVE nite stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response. I was thinking of splitting up the trip somewhat with one night or two away from London anyway. (All subject to the wife's approval of course)

Please let me know if you advise booking this far in advance for Europe. When I book a trip close to home I usually wait until the last minute and appear to get many good deals. Any advice or shared experience would be appreciated.

Unfortunately it's impossible to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay... it all depends upon how actual new bookings/cancellations come in relative to expected new bookings and cancellations.

If the guess about for the InterContinental is correct this would be about a $50/nite savings over a hotel direct booking, so you have to decide if that is enough savings to lock in this rate now.

There is a further discussion on timing of your bid in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

I did book this hotel today for one night (October 26) for $ 226 ($ 333 incl. taxes and fees) and it turned out to be the Intercontinental Westminster.

sergen81,

Welcome to BetterBidding and thanks for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, if you haven't yet, please read your messages and use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]