Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House - Downtown) Westin City Center

hwfiv
By hwfiv,
in

Hi,

For the dates March 21-23, Hotwire is showing a 4 star in the Dupont Circle area with the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in shower

I do know, from a check of their website, that the Omni Shoreham is sold out for those dates, so I know it's not the Shoreham. And the Hilton Towers and the Palomar both have all of those amenities on their lists.

FYI: I, of COURSE, clicked on the links on betterbidding.com to go to HOTWIRE to do my checks!!

I've seen that some members have had luck with bidding on PRICELINE recently and getting the Dupont Circle Hotel. I really want to be as close to Dupont Circle as possible - and would LOVE that hotel, but my concern is that the area they show for the Dupont Circle section goes VERY far north, and I'll be very unhappy if we're stuck that far north and aren't walking distance to the Dupont Circle area.

Any suggestions?

I do know, from a check of their website, that the Omni Shoreham is sold out for those dates, so I know it's not the Shoreham.

While much more the exception then the rule, we have seen hotels won thru PRICELINE and HOTWIRE when the hotel's own website was otherwise showing sold-out, so while the Omni may be a reduced possibility, it is still a possibility and can't be ruled out entirely. With this noted, my best guess for this HOTWIRE offer would be the Hilton Washington and Towers.

I really want to be as close to Dupont Circle as possible... but my concern is that the area they show for the Dupont Circle section goes VERY far north, and I'll be very unhappy if we're stuck that far north and aren't walking distance to the Dupont Circle area.

If you're not able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone then i wouldn't include that zone in your bidding. You can check the Priceline Hotel List (as well as our Priceline Maps) to see the location of where the 4* hotels reported to the board in this zone are located, but as per the comments at the top of the hotel list, there could be other properties not yet included in the list as well as other properties upgraded/downgraded since last reported, so no guarantees that you'll receive something currently listed on the board (or listed at the star rating posted)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread - thanks. :)

to confirm - is the check-out date the 23rd or 24th?

Additionally, unless the date/s match exactly, what other users may get likely does not reflect what it will take for your date/s.

Thank you for sharing your bid history.

Thanks for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I apologize, I thought this was the hotwire forum, so I was posting my Priceline experience on the Priceline forum. Didn't realize I should merge both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE updates onto just one thread.

We really do want to be near Dupont Circle, and unfortunately the way they have this zone set up, it crosses the river and includes a northern part of D.C. (the zoo area), which cuts off the opportunity to walk to the Dupont Circle clubs and restaurants we hoped to go to while visiting. I'm dismayed that I can't get the Dupont Circle hotel as another user got when she did a PRICELINE bid, but I think if we got put north of the river near the zoo, we might end up either having to do a lot of taxis and metro rides, or just paying for a second hotel, thereby destroying the savings.

Perhaps our best choice is to choose White House/Downtown instead, as that seems to be a smaller area and still within walking distance of Dupont Circle.

Yes, we check out on the 23rd (Thursday until Saturday).

It's up to you how much risk you are/aren't willing to accept, but for the 4* HOTWIRE hotel in the Dupont Cirlce zone, which i've guessed is the Hilton, the user criteria that HOTWIRE asks previous guests to rate gives this property a 4.5/5.0 for "location of hotel". You seem to know the area so can probably answer better then me, but if this hotel was located very north in the zone, would this hotel have a such a high rating for 'location'? (would the majority of users consider the north part of the zone to be worthy of a 4.5/5.0 rating?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't really know D.C., but a friend of mine told me that although it's quite beautiful up near where the Hilton is, that it's a bit of a trek from the National Mall and museums, etc. he suggested that unless I was sure that I was getting the Dupont Circle Hotel, that he thought I should I stick with the White House/Downtown area.

Currently on Hotwire there are two 4*'s showing in the White House and Dupont Circle areas. Here are the details:

4* White House-Downtown:

$101

85% Hotwire Customer Recommended

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

OR

4* Dupont Circle/National Zoo

$117

90% Hotwire Customer Recommended

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-Room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Or do you think I should bid something in the $90 range for Priceline?

We'll make our decision today - so thank you SO much for your help!

And of COURSE, I'm clicking on the links on the betterbidding site!!

Quick Correction:

I got two hotels mixed up in my recent comments. Your Priceline Pinned List was showing the Marriott Wardman Park in the 4* Dupont Circle area. That's the hotel/area that my friend said was a bit of a trek as it's up near the zoo. The Hilton, as you correctly commented, is quite close to Dupont Circle and would therefore have high ratings for location.

My mistake. I'm sorry.

In terms of bidding on Priceline for the Dupont Circle area, it does seem a risk to chance getting that Marriott, as much as I'd love to stay in any of the other 4* Dupont Circle hotels on the Priceline Pinned list. And since nobody is reporting in the past few days of getting the other Dupont Circle hotels in the 4* range, I'm guessing it's probably a risk I shouldn't take. thoughts?

Thanks again for all of your help!

If your trip would be ruined by being too far north in the Dupont zone then i would not bid that zone. Sometimes you have to take the risk and bid a zone where you wouldn't necessarily be happy at every hotel in the zone, but prices for your dates are relatively reasonable so i think you have other options so that you don't need to take any unnecessary risks.

I'm not sure of your budget, but i would consider the 4* hotel in the Capitol Hill-National Mall zone for $112/nite with:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

My guess for this property would be the Monaco and personally i've always wanted to try a Kimpton property but have yet to had the opportunity. If this is the Monaco it would be a HUGE deal vs. a conventionally booked room so i do have some doubts that this is actually hotel offered, but should this guess be wrong there is a little bit of a safety net:

This property has a 4.0/5.0 TA rating (so it should at least be 'very good'), a 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests (backing up the positive TA rating), and it gets 4.5/5.0 across the board for all the criteria that HOTWIRE asks previous guests to rate. So even if not the Monaco, it should still be a very nice property with a good location (based upon the HOTWIRE breakdown rating from previous guests)

If this is not of interest due to budget or the Kimpton style is not your taste, then i would bid on PRICELINE for whichever zone(s) you're comfortable acceptable a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]