Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Summerlin) J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa

kyley
By kyley,
in

Hi All,

I just wanted to suggest that caution be used when rebidding with zones that won't work for you - you may get a "resort" instead of a 4* or 5* hotel, even if a 4* or 5* hotel is not listed as available in that particular zone. I tried the rebid process in Las Vegas and got screwed big time. It gave me a resort in a different location when I only selected 4*/5* on the North Strip - even though there are no 4*/5* in the location they gave me... Be wary! Priceline would not refund my $350 no matter what I did, and I can't stay there. :(

By the way, any suggestions on how to get Priceline to cancel / refund the hotel? I can't believe they won't after my explanation... :( I feel so crappy right now that I just lost $350!

--Kyle

That's a 4 diamond property... personally it looks amazing, I think it's meant to be an upgrade even. I know it's not what you wanted though.

But that's the gamble you take with rebidding. There is only 1 or 2 areas that have no nice hotels at all that you can use to rebid with. Especially since you were rebidding a 4 star.

No way you can get a refund. You can call and try, but you will get an outsourced agent who has no idea about Las Vegas.

• 4 weeks later...

My bid was $75, 4/18-4/22, and I got the JW Marriot "Resort" when I'd just selected 4* and 5*. Thanks,

--Kyle

From the discussion on Resort bidding on these forums, it looks like Resorts are slotted between 4* and 5* in the hierarchy, so given that, it isn't too surprising that you won with that bid since it would be considered an upgrade from a 4*.

See this Priceline and Resorts Re-Bidding

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]