Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC - April 27 - May 1

Allison_W
By Allison_W,
in

Hello,

I'm new to this site and really have no idea how to develop a bidding strategy lol.

Also, are you able to choose the type of room, I'm going with 2 friends and need a room with 2 beds?

- 4* hotel in NYC

- April 27 - May 1

- Locations (in order of preference)

Central Park South

Times Square

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Midtown East or West

- Would like to spend under $150 if possible

Please let me know if I can add more info.

Thanks,

Allison

Hi Allison.

PRICELINE will not guarantee a room suitable for more than 2 adults in the same bed.

If you do decide to stick with Priceline, once you have a winning bid contact the hotel and try to secure a 2 Queen room but they don't have to honor that request. This used to work (occasionally) years ago but haven't tried myself in a long time...

Alternatively you should try for a Priceline express deal or Hotwire. Hotwire will guarantee 2 beds once you enter 3+ people in the room.

I used to take the risk with PRICELINE when travelling with the family when the kids were very young but nowadays HOTWIRE is what I use for over 2 people.

Good luck.

A.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE does not allow the user to specify the room type. One can request two beds with the hotel after reservation, but PRICELINE only guarantees one bed and the hotel can say no. Using PRICELINE for two beds in NYC is a very high risk, as rooms are on the smaller side and two beds often go for a premium.

HOTWIRE occasionally does allow selection of bedding, but this is seen fairly infrequently (and will be specified as "bed choice" in the listing.) HOTWIRE guarantees bedding for the party if you select more than 2 people - but that doesn't guarantee two beds, it may be two beds or 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed. NYC is particularly difficult with two beds due to the small size of the rooms, so if more bedding than one bed is important, I'd really suggest looking at HOTWIRE instead of PRICELINE.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is another option, although there have not been many hotels identified with this service, as it's relatively new.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your help! I'll post on the HOTWIRE forum and try PRICELINE EXPRESS...

Please keep all posts for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in this thread. Once you win a hotel use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the board and the entire topic will be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried Hotwire and Priceline Express and didn't think the deals were that great so I ended up booking direct with a hotel in the Upper West Side that offered a decent rate for a Deluxe Double/Double, I'll have to try Priceline again in future when I vacation with my boyfriend though.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]