Priceline Hotel: Visitin Vegas around a convention

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Do you have specific date(s) in mind as we could then see which set of dates would be better, but otherwise as Aaron mentioned above, it's a "date specific" situation. Take the following example (which is just one of many scenarios):

Conference begins on a Monday so lots of attendees come the weekend before to make along weekend of it.

Conference ends on a Friday so lots of attendees stay later to enjoy Vegas over the weekend.

==> in one situation the days before would be better and in another the days after

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - yes that makes sense...I have been to Vegas a few times, but never in December...we are looking into a possible girls trip away, & need to decide if its a good time to do a 4-5 day Vegas trip somewhere between Dec 2nd - 14th...when I research scheduled conventions in this time frame there are a few small ones @ hotels 200-300 people...I see 2 "larger" ones a 10,000 one 12/5 & 12/6 (Thurs & Fri) & a 2,150 one 12/5 - 12/8 (thurs - sunday)...both at the convention ctr...i guess best case scenario is try & hit Vegas 12/2- 12/5...or 12/10 - 12/14???...or is 12,000 people considered small for Vegas...also wondering if its usually slow there in between Thanksgiving & Xmas...any ideas appreciated!!

A 10K person convention is small/moderate by Vegas standards and if that is the only event in town it should not effect hotel rates too much.

Vegas is typically slow in December except for the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) which draws a pretty big crowd... after that rates are usually very low until a few days before New Year's Eve.

You can use HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS as a 'worst case scenario' in terms of pricing so if you find dates that are in the right ballpark of your budget, try bidding for a better rate (or go with the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers if they are of interest)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

An easier way than researching conventions is to just check individual dates someplace like HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS. Pick a star level and zone you would likely prefer and jot down the results.

To give you a tiny example, I used HOTWIRE with 5* South Strip (since that happened to be at the top of the list):

Tue Nov 26 $79

Fri Nov 29 $126

Mon Dec 2 $79

Thu Dec 5 $88

Sun Dec 8 $88

Wed Dec 11 $79

Sat Dec 14 $107

Tue Dec 17 $88

Fri Dec 20 $96

Mon Dec 23 $88

I only did every 3rd day just to give you an idea. Took a 3-4 minutes. To do all the dates would be about 10 minutes. You might get slightly different results with a different star level and zone, but they tend to hold a similar pattern. When done, you probably could guess when that Rodeo thing will be as it will have the higher numbers.

Actually, all the numbers are pretty low compared to what they can be in busier times.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same situation, I would like to visit Vegas from 5/18 to 5/22, but prices seems to be very high, i found other guy won in PL 5* on strip north for $205, this is way too high for me.

Do you guys have any recommendation? Should I go from 5/14 to 5/17 (which I was supposed to be in L.A.)?

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]