Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Northwest - Arboretum) Renaissance Austin

snowcarv
By snowcarv,
in

Started bidding pretty low, increased in $2 or $3 increments. I was bidding both Airport South and Arboretum 4* at the same time, adding in free rebids. I was OK with a 4* in either location.

Started getting counteroffers of $91 at a bid of $74, kept rebidding by 2s until I hit at $80. Express Deal was $136 for Arboretum 4*. I did one random Downtown bit at $70, but didn't want to pay something like $20 for parking, and I'm not planning to hang out at the Austin music bars (something I did more than enough of 20 years ago...).

I did see a recent review on TripAdvisor that says the Renaissance is remodeling. So this may be a winner more often for a while, remodels can turn off some full-price customers during the noise. Should be fine for one night's sleep.

Used BetterBidding PRICELINE links for all research and bids.

One thing I've wondered, especially when an accepted bid is that much lower than the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal: might the $136 have netted the Westin?? Doesn't matter, I just want a nice place to sleep, and Renaissance hotels are good. But I just wonder...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal and this property will work well for your needs for this nite.

There is no way to know if the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal was for this or some other property, but each division of PRICELINE (NYOP bidding, retail, and now PRICELINE EXPRESS) uses a different universe of hotels, so it's possible that it is the same hotel, OR it's also possible that this property may not currently participate with the PRICELINE EXPRESS service and therefore PRICELINE showed the 4* hotel with the next best rate for that side of their service.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]