Seattle ECON 10/22-10/26

ivo
By ivo,
in

Economy, Seattle(SEA) 10/22 7pm pick up, 10/26 6pm drop off, $13 offer, rejected, also rejected at $14. Was told both times that a $23-24 offer was much more realistic. thppt. Decided to change to a compact, at a $15 offer. Rejected.

I'm at a loss. I can get an economy through Dollar at the same dates and times for $107, tax included. The requests I made put the grand total from $83-$95, which isn't that much cheaper, and they were still rejected.

Any advice?

Rates are date specific, not necessarily seasonal... meaning that rates for Monday can be entirely different than rates for Tuesday, although the two days follow each other.

It is always supply/demand driven.

Rates on rental cars are not as deeply discount as hotel rates, and often better deals can be had direct or thru third party agencies. Have you tried our Car Rental Checker for this rental?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not until just now, which is convenient- thank you. I usually have to go to each site separately. I understand a bit better now, I suppose, though its no less frustrating. One thing I have noticed is that those who have gotten killer deals that caught my eye($12 daily, and so on) seem to have gotten them considerably closer to their date of travel. Likewise, as the new work week has just started, Travelocity and Expedia have beaten the previous best deal Orbitz had available($107) by $24-and that's cheaper than what I was seeking on Priceline.

Would it be fair to say that I've probably got a good month to try to get the best deal-considering my travel won't be until 10/22?

thanks again

ivo

Sure... and since rates fluctuate, it even makes sense to make a cancellable reservation in the meantime. If rates go up you're locked in at the lower rate... if rates go down, you can cancel your existing reservation and take advantage of the lower rates.

We also have some car rental agencies that we affiliate with on the bottom right of our SUPPORT PAGE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After doing some research, I have another question(or two...)-

Enterprise is now offering an Econ during same dates/times for $84, tax included. Their upgrades from econ(comp., mid) aren't much more, either. Considering Priceline's fees/taxes for my purchase, is it unreasonable for me to continue trying to get a lower rate thru priceline? In order to beat that quote, priceline would have to accept a bid of $9-$11/day, which seems somewhat extreme.

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to add a coupon to that Enterprise rate? It's just a typical search and rate quote. They have some on eBay that would cheapen my rental considerably.

thanks,

ivo

It depends upon the terms of the coupon code and/or the conditions of the Enterprise rate.

Often if the rate is a promotion it may not be eligible combined with other promotions... sometimes you can combine.

For example, their $9.99 weekend rate is usually not combinable with other promotions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]