Priceline Hotel: What is a good starting bid price for...?

Peter Pham
By Peter Pham,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Marriott Sugarland/Town Square is 3.5* rated by PRICELINE... the Courtyard Sugarland is 3* rated by PRICELINE... what star rating would you like to try for?

What are the dates of your stay and what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates I'm looking at is March 21 and checking out on March 25th. I'm not sure if this is realistic but $70 is the max I'd like to pay for naming my price. I would definitely want it cheaper if possible. Hotwire is offering it for $79 without naming my own price.

My preference is the Marriott Sugarland/Town Square.

In order to move forward with a bidding strategy, do you want to first try for a 3.5* up to your limit and if rejected then try for a 3*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

When bidding 3.5* in Houston you have SIXTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Sugar Land...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sorry to hear your bids were rejected.

My guess for the 3.5* on HOTWIRE for $79/nite is the Hilton Houston Southwest:

Free Parking

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

... should this be of any interest and work for your needs.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

I am looking at booking in Sugarland for May for 7 days.

cagirlintexas,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

For help with, or to report a win for, your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sugarland wins are rare. I gave up a long time ago for this area. There are only a few hotels in this growing area of town with quite a few new businesses popping up. I don't see wins here often, but that's not to say it doesn’t ever happen, is just not a strong possibility. As far as Hilton Houston Southwest goes, its a little bit of a drive to Sugarland area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]