Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Wausau Baymont Inn and Suites

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

This is a very busy weekend in Wausau with a large art fair going on. This literally just popped up on Hotwire yesterday (after Hotwire previously having no inventory for the date), and after having no luck w/Priceline, decided to take Hotwire up on this since this price would be lower than anything else that was appearing at the time, even w/discounted rates (senior, etc). Some of the major hotel websites list this as sold out for this date.

Got the Baymont, and pleased with it. Reviews seem almost uniformly positive, and the hotel looks nice. Also important - since I won't be the one going - great location a couple miles from the downtown, and right off the freeway. Apparently, a very large park (Marathon County Park) is down the block.

This is not on the Hotwire list for Wisconsin, and comes up as pool being the only amenity. There is also continental breakfast offered, as well as - according to other hotel websites - complimentary hi-speed internet. However, again - the only listed amenity on HW was a pool . 2 1/2 star.

This would be the first time I'm getting something for the travelers via Hotwire, and although they would be happy with a Super 8/Motel 6, I really wanted them to have a nice experience so they wouldn't be against Hotwire again. They were impressed with the result, as they could have gotten the senior rate for $72+ tax on the hotel website.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]