Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

ctyatty
By ctyatty,
in

I have tried several bids for Dupont Circle. I have bid 4 star and added no 4 star zones from $70 by $5 increments to $100 without success for 2 nights for Thursday and Friday night Oct. 27 and 28. 3 days later I then went 4 star and 3 star and did multiple free bids from $70 to $85. I am booked downtown at the Willard at $153 for that Tuesday and Wednesday (business downtown - government rate). But I like to stay a couple extra days and enjoy the night life and be near Dupont. I have stayed before at the Adams Morgan Metro stop at the Marriott Wardman Park and the Omni Shoreham and those work well, I have stayed in Foggy Bottom once for a week and would never do that again due to the lack of easy Metro access. I second everything that TravelGuy has said on the issue. I have a great Dupont Circle hotel (my personal rating 4*) booked at $153 for Thursday and Friday night so I really don't want to go over $100 or so for an uncertainty. I would be happy to get the Churchhill or Weston. But I do not want to end up at the Courtyard by Marriott at Woodley Park for $100.

Is the Thursday night stay the extra cost night? Any suggestions. I have plenty of time to snag something and I have a two very good back up reservations. I want to stay :) downtown Tuesday and Wednesday and at Dupont Thursday and Friday. Suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Let's keep this thread for your first stay 10/27-10/29 in the Downtown zone... please starta NEW TOPIC for the ohter dates you're seeking. This will make it much easier to keep your two stays separate and understand what's happening.

Yes, that Thursday nite is much higher priced and may be preventing your acceptance at levels sub-$100.

And although i'm sure it'll be obvious once you tell me, what is 'WTK'?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well it seems that your limit above was $100 (not sure if you've now increased this to "anything under $153") and you've already bid this.

Based upon current rates i don't think you'll be successful for both nites at the same property given how much higher rates are for Thursday. If you did have a bid accepted for both nites together, you would most likely be overpaying for Friday nite (see the 'splitting' link above for how priceline usually requires your bid to be high enough for each nite individually).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

4* Omni Shoreham

did 5 free rebids for a 4 star Dupont Circle

didn't intend to go this high but ended up with a successful bid of $131.00

Thursday Oct 27 and Friday October 28

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $262.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$45.41

Total Charges: $307.41

Saved a little money but I plan on using the Omni upgrade certificate when I check in so the stay should be a little more enjoyable as well

4* Omni Shoreham

did 5 free rebids for a 4 star Dupont Circle

didn't intend to go this high but ended up with a successful bid of $131.00

Thursday Oct 27 and Friday October 28

Saved a few bucks and will use the Omni upgrade certificate which should arrive before then by signing up for their club. Thanks for the advice.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Omni earlier this year and found the staff to be great with no hint of "Priceline" attitude.

We too had an upgrade certificate but the desk clerk was unable to find an upgrade that was available and suggested we keep the certificate for another stay. She looked for quite a while in her computer so I don't think it had anything to do with Priceline.

I mention this only because you might want to be prepared for the fact that the upgrade may or may not work for your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]