Priceline Hotel: Toronto Hotel Help

TxAggieMc
By TxAggieMc,
in

Hello all! I am looking to book a hotel for Downtown Toronto for July 25-July 28, 1 room - 1 adult, and I'd like to spend less than $100/night if possible. I know that's a tall task, but star-quality is not a high priority to me. This is my first time using the bidding service so I'm kind of overwhelmed on how to start. Could someone help me out?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you use the BiddingHelper.com search box for 'Toronto, Canada' and then look at the Priceline TAB, are both Downtown Toronto North and Downtown Toronto South acceptable, or only one of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Toronto you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown South and Downtown North...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions (especially regarding re-bid zones if you're new to the subject matter) feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I was hoping to stay under $100/night with fees, so I'm looking at my goal as $85/night, and obviously lower if possible (my fault for not realizing to include taxes/fees in my amount).

Anyway, I was able to re-bid up to the following amounts with no success:

4-Star: $88/night

3.5-Star: $85/night

3-Star: $70/night

2.5-Star: $75/night

Am I being too optimistic about the cost of downtown hotels?

Possibly. The low hotels.com 2* downtown is $89 for your dates. But one never really knows. You might consider booking a cancelable back-up and then bidding to meet your goal until the very last.

On the Support Page you can link to hotels.com or other similar sites if you want to explore the idea of the back-up. But be sure to carefully read the fine print of the cancelation policies.

Romelle

Summer can be expensive in many parts of Canada it offers the best weather conditions of the year.

At current rates $100 all-in does not seem reasonable, as evidenced by your recent rejections, but i do think that you're right on the 'cusp' of success/failure and while $100 all-in may not be likely, i do think that a maximum bid price of $100 should be sufficient for a 3* or higher hotel.

ALSO NOTE: you're not bidding well given that you're raising your bid prices and lowering your star rating, as this is not recommended and can easily result in an overbid, as explained in this thread: If You Lower Your Star Rating Then Lower Your Bid Price

If you don't understand re-bidding give Priceline Re-Bidding Explained another read and if you're still confused let us know and we'll break it down further for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]