Priceline Hotel: Need help with bidding 05/21-05/26

Duncan6
By Duncan6,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This period is generally a pretty busy/expensive one, with nicer weather. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Additionally, are these the only zone/s of interest? There are not many 4*'s in either zone, especially CPW. The list of hotels that have been reported to the board in NYC can be found here: Priceline Hotel List. Others not yet reported to the board can possibly appear at any time.

For the end of May, I'd start researching and bidding now.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I know there aren't many hotels in these two areas but they were recommended to us as we don't want to be in the tourist zone. Someone else suggested Midtown East but another person said it was too corporate with not much of a neighbourhood feel. I would consider adding this area if needed. My price hopefully would be $250 or less.

What about the ESB zone... it's not too touristy, generally good subway access, and has more locals then tourists?

Let us know if ESB is acceptable or if you only want to stick with UWS and Chelsea and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the MTE zone for $219/nite... did you want to use this as your maximum bid OR since this is your least favorite zone bid the other three zones (UWS, ESB and Chelsea) up to $250 and then if rejected include MTE in the bidding at lower levels?

I'll add some comments about MTE... from Third Ave west it is very much a business district, but about Third Ave East it is very residential and you'll find stores and restaurants that service the local community. However, as you get more east of third avenue you're getting further and further from the subway and a little off the beaten path, so mass transportation options (subway and buses) heading cross down become less and less. If you enjoy walking it's certain do-able, but you are getting a bit outside of the 'core' of Manhattan. As well, on Third Ave in the 30's there are plenty of pubs and restaurants (as now you're into ESB) and this area is easily reachable from most of MTE via the 4-5-6 train.

Let us know what you want to do regarding the zones for your first round of bidding and your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]