Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

djy
By djy,
in

I have been trying to book a room from 4/6- 4/10 in New Orleans for a week. Downtown, convention center and French quarter have all been chosen and the highest price I offered for a 4* hotel was 95, but still didn't get a deal. Also tried all star levels for 83, but no deal. Best PRICELINE EXPRESS deal shows about 120 for a 3.5 star hotel. I noticed there is a NCAA meeting going on that week. Should I go ahead buy the express deal or wait a little bit longer? I imagine the meeting people would probably book the 4* hotels, do you think the lower end hotels will have a price cut later on? PRICELINE has been sending me emails with express deals like 120 per night for a 4* hotel, but when I click the link, there won't be a good one as that. Have I missed the deal or they just don't actually have it? Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE is likely showing you deals for your zone and star rating, but not necessarily for your date/s. If there is a convention that's sizable, there is the possibility that rates may come down closer to your stay, but there is no guarantee (and rate/s can also possibly go the other way.) What would be your desired max budget at the 4* level before coming down to 3.5?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

About 60 or 70. I don't really care that much about the star levels. It's just I have seen better deals for 4* than the lower ones and sometimes even lower price and better chance that I started bidding on the 4*. I'm fine with a 2.5 * or 3* level. Thanks.

At current prices $60 or $70 is not realistic for these dates, nor do i currently see a 3.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS in any of these zones at anything near $120/nite. Are you still seeing this on your own PRICELINE search?

To move forward with your bidding what star level, maximum bid, and zone(s) is it that you want to try first?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal from 4/7-4/10 at 119 for a 3.5* that's still there. Not any other good ones. At this point, any star level would be fine for me. Max bid, 85? (Is it too low even for 1* ?) Zones are convention center, downtown and French quarter. I want to try these first. Does it sound feasible? Thank you. :)

I don't see that many winning bids for Apr on the updates. Do you think I should wait a little bit? Thank you.

There is one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal from 4/7-4/10 at 119 for a 3.5* that's still there.

These dates are different then those in your original post/topic title. Are you considering shortening your trip by one day or is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Have you tried bidding on PRICELINE for the 3 nite stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just read the splitting post. Yes, I'm thinking of splitting the bid. I tried before. It was $87 for a 4* and $70 for a 3.5*, but didn't get a deal. With the express deal at $119 for 4/7-4/10, what would be a good price for bidding this one? Thank you. :)

With your best option a 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at $119, how high are you willing to bid on PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price?

If you let us know your maximum bid, and if you're still willing to accept the French Quarter, Downtown and Convention Center zone(s) we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

For Downtown and convention center zones any star level would be fine. For French Quarter, I only want to try 4* or 3.5*.

What do you want to try first... a 3.5* in the French Quarter, Downtown, or Convention Center zone up to $105?

Is this correct?

When bidding 3.5* in New Orleans you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* French Quarter...

Select 3.5* Convention Center...

Select 3.5* French Quarter and Downtown...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* French Quarter and Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi, I'm following your strategy to bid. After I submitted $90/nite for downtown, there is a message showed up on the page saying "Your new request has been received and reviewed. Please check back in 15 min to see whether we have a deal......". There is only a "HOME" button on the page. I've never seen such a message. Should I start over again? Or should I submit the same bid in 15 min? Thanks. :)

It didn't work out.:( I couldn't find the express deal of 3.5 star in downtown today, but I tried anyway. Went to 105 and didn't get a deal. I also tried only downtown and convention center with star level from 3 to 1 and price went up to 90. Didn't work out either. Priceline showed the median price is 100. I'll probably try it again tomorrow and hope the express deal would show up again. Thanks.

With the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer disappearing what is your current game plan?

For 4/7-4/10 HOTWIRE does have a 4* hotel at $134/nite which i suspect is the Sheraton (3.5* rated by PRICELINE)... would you want to pick this up for the three nites and then figure out the first nite.

For the first nite PRICELINE is showing a 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer in the Downtown zone for $148/nite, and although this would mean you would need to change hotels after the first nite, this would bring your average cost to $137.50/nite, which seems pretty good given the otherwise much higher rates when looking at this complete stay.

Your thoughts?

Thank you for your help. That's pretty good deal too. It's just I'm still trying to cut the budget as much as possible. I want to wait a couple of days and see if any express deals of lower star levels would show up. Worst comes to worst, I'm thinking of staying at a hotel out of those zones I was looking at and rent a car for transportation. This may sound crazy, but I'm thinking the hotel price in downtown area may be even higher hotels in other areas plus a car. I'm still debating. Really hope a good deal shows up.

Nobody can see if rates will come down or move higher between now and you're arrival, but you already missed one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and this is substantially cheaper then anything else currently offered for these dates.

If you do decide to rent a car, keep in mind that you need some place to park once you arrive Downtown and parking in New Orleans is not cheap.

This option certainly isn't optimal, but can work when the other choices are worse. Airport hotels typically run shuttles to the airport. And there is public bus service from the airport to downtown New Orleans. For more information click here. There also is shuttle service from the airport downtown. You'd need to check current rates, but I found a web rate at $15.

The Hotwire hotels shown are currently offering airport shuttle. Right now, none of the Priceline Express deals have the shuttle icon.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]