Priceline Hotel: Dayton May 16-18 3 star need 3 rooms

xyzzy.bid
By xyzzy.bid,
in

Using the PRICELINE link Started with Dayton North at $35 then added Huber at $37 then added Northwest at $39. All at 3 star. I am afraid of going to 2.5 star as the Ramada Plaza has some very bad reviews. The Ramada Plaza is Dayton North. So if I do have to go to 2.5 star I will need to remove Dayton North. I am out of bids for now. I really want to stay to the North side of Dayton. Troy. Oh does not seem to be in PriceLine or that might be good. I'll report back the results of my next bidding session is a quest for Dayton Rooms. I wonder if anyone thinks its harder to get bids accepted when you need more then one room?

So if I do have to go to 2.5 star I will need to remove Dayton North. I am out of bids for now.

If you did want to bid at the 2.5* level now you could close your browser, use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, and start over at the 2.5* level adding one zone at a time (in a sense UNchecking Dayton North)

Oh does not seem to be in PriceLine or that might be good.

Not sure how you're determining that a property is not participating... if it's not in our hotel lists, not appearing on the retail side, etc, but in reality you can never 'prove' that a hotel won't come up on PRICELINE if it is in the zone. The Priceline Hotel List on the board only contains hotels reported to the board (so there could always be others not yet reporeted OR a new hotel that PRICELINE has started to work with in the area) and on the retail side not all hotels that participate on the 'bidding' side of their service also participate on the 'retail' side of their service (and vice-versa)... so just because a hotel doesn't appear on the retail side doesn't mean you can't win it when bidding. (the odds may be lower, but you can't exclude it from the possibilities)

I wonder if anyone thinks its harder to get bids accepted when you need more then one room?

Multiple rooms is usually a non-factor, but if it does have an effect, it's a negative one. A hotel may offer one room at $50/nite, but if you need TWO ROOMS then this hotel is not a possibility to accept your bid and you'll need to bid higher until you hit the price point threshold of the next lowest priced property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated o your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You've got over 3 months yet. While hotels often can be gotten many months ahead of time, sometimes later in the game works better. You might consider making a cancelable back-up reservation, and then continuing to seeking a better deal.

You likely are still a bit low for your bids though. Hotwire's downtown 3* for your dates is $92, and its 2.5* is $74.

Romelle

Just to keep you all up to date. I have bid up to $61 now. Going to look for a safety hotel using the Better Bidding hotel list for Dayton.

For your safety hotel, don't miss the hotel links on the Support Page above.

And read that fine print on the cancelation terms carefully!

Romelle

You can also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see hotel rates in the area as well as know how much more/less it will cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay further/closer to your desired location... just make sure to check the cancellation terms during check-out of anything you book as some rates are non-refundable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]