Hotwire Hotel: 3* Frederick Holiday Inn Ft. Detrick

doublehelix
By doublehelix,
in

Bid $20 for check-in 8/27 and check-out 8/28 -- first bid. Rejected, waiting 72 hours. Since my next offer has to be the last, do you have any advice? My problem seems to be that Frederick has only one zone, and there are no postings on this board showing successful bids nor listing the area hotels. I'm looking for 2.5 star (the highest available in Priceline's Frederick area) and want to stay below $50 for the night.

~Jen

Following another user's success reported in this PRICELINE thread, I used savingsbarn.com this time to submit a new [identical] bid before the 72 hours elapsed. Surprisingly, Priceline didn't object to my doing so.

Bid $50 for 2.5 star and got rejected. Now waiting 72 hours. Users elsewhere reported $45 successful bids for three different 2-star Holiday Inns in Frederick, but I really want the 2.5 star so I'm going to wait it out for now.

Will post again when new info becomes available. Advice welcomed.

~Jen

That Holiday Inn is apparently 2* on Priceline as reported by users on TOBB who won offers at the Holiday Inn Fort Detrick --- and there is nothing above 2.5* on Priceline.

The current rate on Hotwire is $65 for a 3*. I am so looking forward to seeing what the Priceline 2.5* hotel would be, that I will go offer $65 and see if I win. If I don't, then I will certainly go get it through Hotwire. All through savingsbarn, of course, to show my genuine appreciation for your kind assistance.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought about using Hotwire.

~Jen

3* Holiday Inn Frederick (Ft Detrick)

{Frederick only has one zone: Frederick}

Check in 8/27, check out 8/28

$65, after taxes and fees = $74.95

Restaurant(s) / Pool(s) / Fitness Center / Golf Nearby / Tennis Nearby / Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Tried Priceline first and posted strategy separately on the Priceline forum...

Selecting 2.5* rating in Priceline's only Frederick zone

$20, rejected. Worked out a sneaky re-bid the same day, $50 rejected. Waited 72 hours. Bid $66, rejected. Gave up and used Hotwire.

~Jen

(used Savingsbarn.com, too)

FYI about this hotel/situation. I live outside Frederick and have to get rooms for friends/family alot. If you monitor this hotel price on hotwire, it can be had cheaper in the morning hours. It usually can be had for around $50 in the morning; $65 in the afternoons. Weird but true. Also I've had luck with last minute bids in the area on priceline. Last trip my parents visited, I couldn't find anything cheaper than $70 so I had them booked in a mom&pop in Charles Town, WV. Tried a bid of $40 for * at 4pm day of arrival and got the really nice new Fairfield just off 85.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]