Hotwire Hotel: Victoria?

pdxtraveler
By pdxtraveler,
in

Well, I live in Victoria and I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out which hotels they are!

I usually see two Victoria hotels come up on Hotwire:

4* Boutique, Oceanfront, Restaurant, Fitness, Comp. Breakfast, Golf, Spa

$102 - $141 range for a variety of dates

When I think 4* boutique, I think of the Magnolia Hotel and Spa, but it is a couple of blocks from the ocean and it has high speed Internet access (which MOST Victoria hotels have, but it is not listed for either of these Hotwire properties). But it certainly has a restaurant, free continental breakfast, and spa. They give complimentary passes to a nearby fitness centre. I think most hotels can claim to be near golf, as the Victoria Golf Club is near to downtown. But it is not oceanfront!

Other possible boutique hotels include Oak Bay Beach Resort (but doesn't fit with the map boundaries), the Bedford Regency Hotel or the Union Club (but neither match up with the listed amenities and neither are oceanfront, either). Anyway, I am not at all sure about which property this is! And I really don't understand how hotels get classified as 'boutique.'

3.5* Oceanfront, Restaurant, Pool, Business Centre, Golf, Tennis

Usually $69 but jumps to $170 on a couple of dates

The 3.5* may be the Laurel Point Inn, it seems to match up quite well, except for high speed Internet access. So I am not really confident about this one, either. There is also the Delta Ocean Pointe, but it has a fitness centre, as does the Coast Harbourside.

Sorry to be so little help, but if you did purchase through Hotwire, it would be really nice to know which hotel you get!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]