New Hotwire format

valencia
By valencia,
in

I'm getting old and do not like such big changes.

I am at a loss to know how to eliminate zones in a city i do not want so I don't have to scour through the entire long list Hotwire now provides.

Can you help me to see if that is still possible because I couldn't figure it out.

With this new system the listings come on the left of the page but I cannot seem to reduce the list in any way .

Thank you

I'm not seeing anything new (at least not any different from the last few months)

Using BiddingHelper.com i click the HOTWIRE tab and on the left i typically click CLEAR ALL to uncheck all the zones, then i just select the ones i want.

If you're not on the HOTWIRE US site you can get there by changing the COUNTRY drop down menu to United States and the currency to US Dollars. In the future you'll still be taken to the HOTWIRE US site and once you're ready to purchase simply change the currency to whatever currency you'd like (while remaining on the US site) and complete your purchase.

Not sure if you're seeing something different.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

And speaking of the new format, now that my attempt to start a thread here was thwarted, I may as well tack it on...

In the new format, each hot Rate hotel gives you a mouse-over list of five sample hotels that represent the star level (although some of them may not be in the actual zone). I would be interested to hear if actual purchased hotels are corresponding to hotels on the list most of the time or not.

At least checking my dates and the mouse "over" and the list, the hotel I won for Chicago, feb 25-28, 3* M.Mile/River North, is on the list "Four Points Sheraton".

I was getting the old format until just recently. This format does NOT have the zones on the left. To clear all and control the zones, it is through a tab on the right that says "areas".

Then, unfortunately, when you click on one area, it "closes and comes back", but keeps closing and coming back every time you add an area.

The old format only "blinked" the first time you "cleared all" and then added one by one what you wanted.

It's just strange.

The hotels before were in the middle/right of the page and more "solid/ much bigger and darker font.". I think the design and visual effect of this new format is not as attractive at all to me.. a bit clumsy to work around.

• 2 weeks later...

"In the new format, each hot Rate hotel gives you a mouse-over list of five sample hotels that represent the star level (although some of them may not be in the actual zone). I would be interested to hear if actual purchased hotels are corresponding to hotels on the list most of the time or not."

I've wondered this as well. I'm surprised no one has addressed this.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]