Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

NewsReporter
By NewsReporter,
in

OK this confirms my suspicion a little bit. I have been bidding up to $90 also for the beach zone for the past week with no luck. But my dates are much further away, from Apr. 27 to May 4. So it seems that they let the rooms go cheaper as you get closer, maybe to fill what would have been empty rooms anyway.

OK this confirms my suspicion a little bit. I have been bidding up to $90 also for the beach zone for the past week with no luck. But my dates are much further away, from Apr. 27 to May 4. So it seems that they let the rooms go cheaper as you get closer, maybe to fill what would have been empty rooms anyway.

Rates can vary substantially from day-to-day and seasonally - they can also certainly go higher closer to the date/s of travel if traffic comes in higher than expected.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The stay above is also only for one nite, where as your stay is for a week... a hotel would need to have offered PRICELINE / HOTWIRE deeply discounted inventory for the entire length of your stay vs. the win above where inventory needed to be loaded for just one nite.

For example, rates could be relatively low for your week long stay, except for one nite where there is a wedding (or some other event) being held at the hotel that is taking up a large number of rooms... the hotel may not offer PRICELINE / HOTWIRE inventory for just this one nite, and would therefore make this hotel ineligible to accept your bid. Of course it could just as well simply be too early for a hotel to offer deeply discounted inventory for your dates, but i don't think you can draw that conclusion based upon this win (and the example i've provided)... we have seen many instances where the opposite is true and a user wins a GREAT DEAL at a hotel many months in advance of their stay, and similar bids are rejected for the same dates as the trip draws near.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]