FLL March 23 -Mar 30 MiniVan

xyzzy.bid
By xyzzy.bid,
in

Still trying just bid $50 for a Minivan and then tried a full size SUV at $55 both no luck. I did see something on the priceline re-bid screen that said retail price was $58. Maybe in the next bid session i'll start with $58 or $60. My Mother-in-Law made a safety reservation for $850 for the week at Avis but I think I can do better then over $100 a day.

This is Easter Break for my public schools, for which many families will make a trip to sunny and warm Florida to escape the cold months they've been experiencing in their home towns... so it's not unusual to see very high rates during this time period.

The retail rate shown by PRICELINE is often meaningless, what is the best 'true' (and bookable) rate you're able to find for the car classes you're considering when using our Car Rental Checker?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well after a couple more bidding attempts I was offering $63 for a mini van.( I used the BB PRICELINE link). The $63 was not accepted and I got the screen the "negotiator" could not get me a deal but offered a (limited time) Alamo Deal for $58. This $58 is less then my did price of $63. This seems is just a normal reservation I guess with Alamo and I would pay when the rental is returned. That is what the PRICELINE screen said pay when you return the van. So I took the reservation for $58 and will let you know if there are any problems. Maybe because everyone is watching the super bowl they offered a lower price? Any way much less then my safety reservation of over $800.

Congratulations on your success!

Very strange that they turned down their suggested price and then offered you an even lower price, but all is well that ends well. :)

Glad to see you saved some money and are happy with the purchase.

Thanks for deal with the board and using the PRICELINE link.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]