Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center) The Westin Imagine Orlando

tbonecopper
By tbonecopper,
in

Hi there

New here! A lot of the information on this forum is great, and much appreciated. However it's a lot to take in at one time. The last time I used priceline was a few months ago, and I suppose I got lucky.

I suppose I stumbled on the hotel lists back then and went for a 4 star, near Sea World/Convention Center and ended up with the Rosen Shingle Creek. Was pleasantly surprised. As I recall, at first I didn't win the bid, but increased it a little and got the hotel.

Now, as it's been a while, I've forgotten the ways to "manipulate the system" as it were, to help get the desired hotel. To be honest, it was a fluke last time, hah.

I'm looking to travel tomorrow, 1/20/2013 to 1/22/2013 and stay in the same hotel. As I recall, in order to increase rebid chances, I have to select multiple areas? I'm not too clear on that. Essentially, what can I do to increase my chances of getting the same hotel? I'm not looking for the absolute best deal on it, just don't want to over pay, but definitely want to stay in that hotel (or similar)... the reason why is, that hotel has an on-site spa with sauna/hot tub, etc and was very comfortable last time.

I've reviewed the booking maps to get an overview of what people who have reported a win have paid, and I'm aware there are other hotels in that zone (peabody, renaissance, westin imagine, etc)...

Thoughts? Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. Based on other posts in the top forums, it was suggested to post requests for travel assistance/tips in the state sub forums applicable to hotwire or priceline...and here I am :)

I'm guessing since you are getting ready for this trip, you won't have time right now to post that last win. But I hope you do it when you get back home. Every post here can help other bidders.

Regarding increasing your number of bids and your other questions - I'll take the time to do the "short course" for you.

First - you've posted in the right area.

There is NO way to increase chances for getting a particular hotel. You have to be prepared to accept any hotel within the zone map, at the star level you bid (or higher).

To get additional bids, you have to find those free rebid zones. When on Priceline, and looking to bid Orlando, you have to click each zone separately and identify the ones that do not have 4* or higher bidding available. Be particularly careful to watch that Resort category at the bottom of the list. Resorts are considered higher than 4* and lower than 5*.

You should find 10 possible free rebid zones right now, but always check them right before bidding.

Start with the zone you want and a low but reasonable bid. Then just add in the free rebid zones one at a time as you increase your bid.

With the short time you have left, you want to be careful to start realistically and not waste any bids "low-balling". Sounds like your research will do that for you. Do be careful to match exact dates, as rates are really date-specific.

And then - post that win!

Romelle

PS - There is also a very good, but longer explanation of rebidding in the FAQs.

Hi Romelle,

I'll check out the longer explanation of re bidding in the FAQ momentarily. As far as not having time to post that previous win, I do. :) Orlando is only 1.5 hours away (I'm in Jacksonville, FL), so it's just a matter of throwing some clothes in a overnight bag and getting in the car :)

Thanks for your help by the way, you have re affirmed my previous suspicions. It's like playing a game with Saw, except the ending is never as gruesome... hah!

How would I post the previous win? Since it's rather old is there a special way, or do I just use the post win button on the forum?

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and looking forward to trying out this new (for you) property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]