Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim North) Quality Inn And Suites Anaheim

S_Storey
By S_Storey,
in

I have tried for 2 days in a row to NYOP on a hotel in the both the Disneyland North and South areas for March 17-23, 2013. If any one has any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or could change, please help! :) Here was my strategy:

Started with 4* Disneyland south-$55 rejected

Added Disneyland North $58

Added 3.5* $63 rejected

Added San Clemente - $68 rejected

It seems that this is the price most people are winning a 3.5* hotel for. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking you don't want to lower your star rating and raise your bid price at the same time as you risk an overbid for a lower rated hotel.

Rates are date specific and rates for these dates are currently a little higher then usual, not terribly so, but a little elevated. I wouldn't chase this too much at this point, but as noted above, you can be bidding much more strategically then you have above.

What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel before you lower your star rating for a 3.5* property? What is your maximum bid for a 3.5* property? Based upon the bidding you have already done I assume both Disneyland North and Disneyland South are equally acceptable?

Let us know the information above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't think that this is the Holiday Inn as most within that brand don't serve a complimentar breakfast which is shown to be an amenity of the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal above.

Unfortunately most 2.5* hotels in this area would offer the amenities listed and there is no additional information shown by PRICELINE to help narrow down the possibilities.... i would include the Comfort Inn and Quality Inn among the potential candidates, but there could be others (like the Fairfield as one such example) would be possible as well.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for your help! I booked through the PRICELINE link. I tried to bid on the 2.5* hotel at $69 for Disneyland North and got rejected. So I decided to just stick with the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal that went up to $76 per night Disneyland North 2.5* and it ended up being the Quality Inn and Suites. I am satisfied with the win. I also used a coupon code for an extra 10% off. It took $45 off the stay! Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]