Priceline Hotel: Paris -- Gare Du Nord

jtb101
By jtb101,
in

The Paris Gare Du Nord is relatively new, and there haven't been any member reports yet.

Under the Tools menu is MAPS and HOTELS.com. If you look up Paris, and then zoom in on the Gare du Nord area you can see several hotels, including a 3* Holiday Inn and a 2* Best Western.

If you look at the retail side of PRICELINE and search for hotels with "gare du nord" in them, you can see a couple more examples.

Of course these hotels won't necessarily be available via bidding, and there may be others that didn't appear with the two above methods. But it will at least give you a general idea of what you might encounter.

There seems to be a difference between how European and US hotels are rated. Very generally, a US 3* might be a European 4*. Bidding on the 3 and 2 star levels in Europe can be a little dicey.

You might also consider HOTWIRE. And if you look at the list of hotels at the very beginning of the Other Countries - Hotwire area you will see there have been several reports of 3* hotels in the general Gare du Nord area.

I'm a member, not anybody official. But, if you supply your dates and your planned budget, one of the moderators will help you with a strategy.

Romelle

New to this site, but I'm wondering if you can give me any counsel on what hotels are available on Priceline in this zone at 3 stars and 2 stars, and if you can give me some bidding strategy? We need two rooms, since it will be two adults and two kids (10 and 12). Thanks. Josh

Sorry, I should have said our dates. We need it for March 4-5. Thanks!

Josh

Note that the AccorHotel.com site might provide the best deal for your family, as there are some 1-room-for-4 options at certain hotels. Just enter the right number of adults and children and their ages in the search box. You can often get a very good deal that includes breakfast and wi-fi, which is unlikely with Priceline.

For example, for a room with 1 double bed and 2 singles, you can get ibis Styles Paris Gare de l'Est Château Landon (ex all seasons) for 118 Euros including breakfast and wi-fi, for March 4-5. Also, a random 2* or 3* might not be a great experience.

Also try looking at lmtclub.com (you can sign up for free with the promo code TRAVELTWEET), as this often provides very good prices for European hotels.

I should add that a "double bed" may be rather narrower than you would like in Paris, but that could happen with a Priceline bid too.

What is the hotel you have reserved as a back-up? In light of the comments above are you still willing to go as low as 2* for this stay?

Also, is the Gare Du Nord zone the only one that you're willing to accept or are there other zones which are acceptable? Others on the board are more familiar with the nuances of zones in Paris, but iirc, the area around the train station is not the best of neighborhoods (and it does look like you can get some higher rated, and centrally located hotels, within your budget)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the info above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]