Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Earls Court) Marriott London Kensington

valencia
By valencia,
in

I used your links here to look for HOTWIRE ( not very interesting offers) and also for my PRICELINE bidding which in the end was VERY successful.

I started out at $75 4* at each of the following individually and later pairing them, etc. This way you can be sure you are getting the lowest price in the area. If you raise your bid after adding a zone without checking that zone individually before, you don't know if it could have been won at the lower price. This way I get more bids, too. I didn't even have to use the free-rebid zones as there were several zones I would have been happy with.

Westminster.. rejected

new bid: Kensington earl's Court...rejected

new bid: Blms/Marble Arch .. rejected

new bid: Regent's Park .. rejected

new bid: West/Kensington ... $80 R

new bid Blmsb/West ...$80 R

new bid: Regent's P /Ken ... $80 R

getting tired so gave it a little more before I called it quits today

Regent's P/Kensington/Westminster ... $85.. ACCEPTED

Marriott Website price today for those dates is close to $411/night but I imagine they will have some offers later on, but never as good as this.

Thank you for your great money-saving website.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a great deal and are pleased with the outcome well in advance of your trip. (now you can spend time finding more fun things to do in the area ;) )

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just for general knowledge. The room that Priceline books at this Marriott is a standard one- bedded queen. Since we are two friends traveling, we had requested directly to the hotel by email, a twin-bedded room. However, that requires an upgrade since those are really two QUEENS at this property.

The manager has been very accommodating and will put our request in for one of the queen rooms that does have a sofa bed that can be made up, but cannot guarantee it.

This is the first time I have had some difficulty in getting a twin- bedded room at any of my Priceline wins although I understand it IS a possibility ( especially in NYC).

So far, the manager has been very responsive, first offering to sell us an upgrade (additional 75GBP w breakfast) for the two -bedded room, and later trying to please us regardless with the mentioned option.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The hotel manager was able to keep his promise of trying to get us a room that would have a sofabed so we would not need to share. I am glad he did as I would not have been very happy sharing the double ( or was it a queen?.. seemed too small..not sure) bed with my friend for four nights.

It all worked out great . I really liked the hotel, staff and neighborhood.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]