Priceline Hotel: Williamsburg, VA 8/29

terps
By terps,
in

Of the 4 areas, the only two I'd really want to stay in are the Busch Gardens Area and Downtown

For the name your price, the

BG area has 3 star max (also 2.5) sugg retail of $71,

downtown has 3 star max (no 2.5) sugg retail of $120,

I'd prefer BG 3*, Downtown 3*, BG 2.5*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I should bid BG 3*, add downtown if rejected, lower star requirement to 2.5 if rejected again.

I checked some of the hotel websites and the higher prices on priceline were more or less the same offered there. About $99 to $159 for Marriott/Hilton/Embassy Suites, Hotwire prices were $84 and up for 3* or higher. The lowest I saw was a compare and buy on priceline for $69 for a 2.5* in one of the other two regions I didn't want.

How low should I start my bidding, and how should I raise it?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can do better than the bidding sequence you propose above. What are the highest star ratings in the zone(s) you don't want? (ie- Williamsburg Center and Outlet Center)

Look up that information and then read this thread: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED... let us know if you understand the concept or have any questions (if you don't understand at first don't get alarmed or frustrated... we'll walk you thru the whole process)

Let us know if about the re-bidding and also what your maximum bid is at the 3* and 2.5* levels and we'll then take the next step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The max * rating at outlet center is 2*

the max at williamsburg center is 2.5*

Without priceline I'd probably end up in a room thats about $65-75 before tax (2*) and/or service charges.

So, for the 3* I'd like to keep it under 80 with fees, a little more if it were like the 3*s on the compare and buy page ( :) ), a little less if not, and for the 2.5* perhaps 65 including fees. I'd prefer to aim for the 3* though.

I should add that I am flexible between monday/tuesday/wednesday so perhaps you could take that into account when suggesting a bidding strategy.

I've seen winning bids on the 3* hotels for $45 in non-peak seasons, about $75 in the peak summer months. I'm not sure where next week falls, but Busch Gardens does have shorter hours next week.

You didn't mention if you were any clearer on the RE-BID CONCEPT, so...

If were you to select Downtown and Williamsburg Center zones and bid for a 3* Hotel... if you were successful, your win could really only be in the Downtown zone (ie- there are no 3* properties in the Williamsburg Center zone).

If you understand re-bidding, you'll see that you have two re-bid zones available at the 3* level and one re-bid zone available at the 2.5* level. Is this clearer or should be explain further?

Once we know you understand the re-bidding we'll be able to provide a strategy... but please also let us know your maximum bid amounts before taxes and fees.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do understand rebidding with the extra zones that dont have the star requirement you're seeking.

This is scattered through the posts so I'll summarize here,

1st choice 3* BG

2nd choice 3* downtown

3rd choice 2.5* BG (downtown doesn't have a 2.5)

Max * in center, 2.5

max * in outlet center, 2

Max of $65 bid on 3*, $55 on 2.5*

What I'm really looking for help with is determining how high to start the bidding, and at what point adding the 2.5* would be risking overpaying. Perhaps it would just be better to take all the rebids at the 3* level and start over in 3 days if none of them get accepted, you'd know better than me.

I would bid as follows for the 3*...

Select 3* Bush Gardens...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, i rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rjected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, i rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rjected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Bush Gardens and Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, i rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

If the above is rejected let us know and we'll take a closer look at the 2.5* bidding.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]