Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City Airports (JFK) Doubletree Hotel Jfk Airport

doublehelix
By doublehelix,
in

I decided to try again for a 2.5* .. Bid $55, $60, and $65 with no success. I still would prefer the 3*, but I'm flexible. The betterbidding New York hotel list shows that Ramada Plaza JFK is in this 2.5* category but there are several indications this awful hotel may be closed: yelp says it's closed, Expedia shows the hotel but won't book any rooms there, no winning bids reported on this forum since 2006, and the JFK airport website doesn't list it at all. But the Ramada website still makes it seem open, so it's a little odd. Before re-bidding tomorrow I will try to confirm one way or the other.

Jen

If you look at the listing for the Ramada in the hotel list it reads:

Ramada Plaza Hotel (ZONE: Jamaica)

This hotel is the one at 164-40 Hillside Avenue and as far as i know is still operational, but it is in PRICELINE's Jamaica zone now. The JFK zone has been split into JFK and Jamaica and we have not yet reviewed all the hotels to re-classify them.

Unfortunately most of the hotels in this area have poor reviews and high prices... do you have a very early morning flight or absolutely need to stay in this area? Could you potentially stay in Manhattan (or Brooklyn or Queens) and then make your way to the airport for your travel plans via taxi, train, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid again for 2.5* up to $100 without winning, then closed the browser and bid for a 3* at $110, $120, and finally winning at $135. Noteworthy was that Priceline offered me a free re-bid opportunity (with no need to add more zones or change anything) after that first $110 bid. The screen said it was a one-time opportunity to re-bid if I was willing to bid $154. I passed on that offer and I'm glad I did.

We do need to be at the airport at 5 AM, so the proximity to the airport is a definite plus. I wish I had explored the surrounding areas a bit more, but I let the week get away from me and anyway I was so tired of planning this part of the trip... I just took the easy way. And I'm paying for the convenience; this is an expensive room, you're right!

Jen

Doubletree Hotel Jfk Airport

Kennedy Airport (JFK)

135-30 140Th Street, Jamaica, NY 11436

Check-In: Tue, Jan 15, 2013

Check-Out: Wed, Jan 16, 2013

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $135.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $37.99 (USD)

Total Charged to Card: $172.99 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]