Priceline Hotel: fort lauderdale hotel

sunlovin
By sunlovin,
in

I am a first time bidder on PRICELINE and would love some direction. We already have precruise reservations for January 19th at the Hyatt Place Airport North(reserved on their site) and I am looking for a hotel for one night post-cruise on January 28th. I would like a 4 star-3.5star hotel in an area where we might be able to walk to the beach or do something to entertain ourselves for the day. I considered the Crowne Plaza but it sounds like it is in an industrial area. Any suggestions would be helpful along with an idea of a bid. I was considering the Renaissance,Gallery One or if we got lucky, the Westin Beach Resort and Spa. Thanks so much for the help. Feeling a little nervous doing this without some help. I did read the info on your site. Thanks.

RitaZ

RitaZ,

Welcome to BetterBidding. I've been here a while, but am still a Newbie, too. Sounds like you are cruising same time as I am, but different ship (I am on the Caribbean Princess). I would suggest that you get a reservation that you can cancel--just in case you don't get a hotel through PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. If you get a great deal on a room through Priceline or Hotwire, then you can cancel the reservation.

The folks here on BetterBidding are a wealth of information. I am glad you found your way here.

Best luck on your bidding and have a great cruise!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would like a 4 star-3.5star hotel...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip? What is your maximum budget for this leg of your stay?

...in an area where we might be able to walk to the beach or do something to entertain ourselves for the day. I considered the Crowne Plaza but it sounds like it is in an industrial area... I was considering the Renaissance,Gallery One or if we got lucky, the Westin Beach Resort and Spa.

One issue with PRICELINE is that you can't bid on a specific hotel, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. HOWEVER, with HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. So you could look for a hotel with a 'Beachfront' or 'Near Beach' amenity to ensure that the hotel is at or near the beach.

If you are looking for something specific to do, i'd also suggest checking out one of our sister sites Pre Cruise Hotels... which now includes WalkScore information! Select any port from the drop down menu and after filter the results by star rating, price, distance, etc click any hotel (or marker on the map) for more information about that hotel. Within the info bubble that opens there is a link to click to SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc. which then shows things to do in the immediate area surrounding the hotel. :) Please share pre.crusie with your fellow cruisers.

If you'd like to move forward with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE let us know how you'd like to proceed, as well as the information above regarding star rating and budget, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]