CA Orange County Doubletree Suites Dana Point

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

We enjoyed our stay at the Dana Point Doubletree Suites, which we got on Priceline for $80. We booked two rooms for our family, and the desk accommodated our request to be next to each other. Check-in went smoothly, although the desk clerk seemed a bit preoccupied and I had to ask for our cookies.

Our rooms were on the back (freeway) side, but the balconies overlooked a greenbelt with trees, flowers and benches. Not too noisy, other than the ice machine outside. A/C worked well. The "suites" are actually just long rooms with double glass doors dividing the sleeping area from the sitting area. You enter the bedroom, which is slightly awkward. Two TVs, one with VCR (kids brought a couple of movies which they enjoyed). Sitting area has a bar sink, microwave, small refrigerator and cabinet space, as well as a sleeper sofa, coffee table and small desk.

My favorite feature: great beds. That was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Down pillows, down blanket. Lovely.

Least favorite? Well, the bathroom was less than spotless. It was tolerable, but the grout really needed some bleach. I'm wondering if that's a consistent problem, because there was a bathroom-specific comment card left in the room. Hope someone reads them.

Our older teenagers enjoyed the pool and exercise room. Doheny State Beach is an easy walk across the highway (light and crosswalk) and through the campground; we went twice.

Lots of restaurants in the area. We had a great Chinese dinner, and there were other options close by.

Self-parking is $13 per night; there is really no other option. The 'valets' were friendly young men who always had a greeting and offered their recommendations when asked.

When we travel with the family we always book two rooms, and prefer to have a complimentary breakfast. This time, we brought bagels, cream cheese, juice and yogurt with us and had a picnic breakfast in one of the sitting rooms after a surfing excursion. We would definitely return to the Doubletree Suites, especially at the Priceline price. Even adding in parking and breakfast, it was pretty reasonable for the area and amenities.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]