Hotwire Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Sheraton

The Family Ghost
By The Family Ghost,
in

I also had a question about rates for the the dates 4/20 - 4/23. This is the week prior to Jazz Fest I believe .. not sure why the rates seem elevated. I haven't formally bid yet on Priceline, but noticed that the best deal on Hotwire was for a 4* in French Quarter/Canal St. area for $118 per night. On Priceline it is listing the median retail price between $199-$259 for a 3-4 star hotel. Do you anticipate there will be better deals if I wait it out a while, or should I consider jumping on that $118 price at Hotwire? I see a lot of messages on here about people getting rooms in the $60-$70 range via Priceline, and was hoping I might be able to get similar pricing for my dates.

Thanks !

The FAQ discusses purchase timing in detail. There is no way to know if there is something going on on these dates and rates may come down or head the other way if Spring traffic comes in higher than expected.

Keep in mind that rates vary (often significantly) from day-to-day and what you are generally seeing now as wins don't necessarily reflect what Spring prices are going to look like.

Please provide the full list of amenities showing with the listing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I don't think rates are that out of line for this time of year... but there is an IronMan event taking place on April 21st which may account for the slightly higher rates you're seeing.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire was offering what looks to be a pretty good deal for this 4* hotel in the French Quarter. I was not having much luck with these dates via Priceline, so this will have to do. Good location .. happy about that.

I did use the HOTWIRE link from this site to book my rooms.

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]