CA San Diego Hilton San Diego Resort Coastal

jaylesh
By jaylesh,
in

Just got back from my stay at the Hilton San Diego resort...beautiful property in an excellent location. Anyhow, I wanted to respond to the poster who said he/she thought that Hilton HHonor status wouldn't mean much with a priceline reservation...

I had read online if you have gold status (which by the way, anyone can get as I did by going to https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/enroll/Enroll1.aspx) some Hilton hotels would make an exception for perks even with a Priceline reservation. Well, I got to the Hilton San Diego and said quite frankly to the check in representative "I know that with a Priceline reservation I cannot be awarded points for my stay, but I was hoping that being a loyal Hilton Gold HHonors member for some time now that I could at least be given complimentary breakfast each day". The rep asked how many were in my party, and I said two-- wahlah... passes for given to me for 11 dollars per person breakfast each day for my entire stay.

Then I thought I'd push a little further-- I had heard that the garden villas at this particular resort were a lot nicer then the towers. I asked if it was possible to be upgraded. He said I could be-- but for 40 dollars more a night. I passed... the towers were fine, seeing as how we were just in our rooms to sleep anyways.

Just thought I'd pass on this information to all. Take care,

Jason

• 1 year later...

I recently stayed at the Hilton San Diego Resort for 2 nights for a bid of $91 ($211 all-in). Note that parking is $20 a day, with no overnight options nearby (you can park in Mission Bay Park very near the hotel, but can't park from 2 AM-4 AM in the park, so unless you are out really late, that's not an option). This parking charge is exorbitant considering that the hotel is the only real structure for a mile or so, so it's not like the space is crowded.

The Hilton is in a great location, right on Mission Bay, near I-5 and Seaworld. We went to Mission Beach, La Jolla, downtown and the airport, and they were all about a 10 minute drive. Because of the location sandwiched between the Bay and I-5, public transit seems to be non-existent, but that's not too surprising for southern CA.

I would not rate the Hilton as a 4 star hotel, probably a 3 star. Our room was perfectly fine, clean, all that, but nothing special, and the public spaces were again just fine, but nothing special. Compared to the Hyatt Regency in SF or Miami (both priceline 4 stars), this hotel doesn't compare. We ended up getting a room on the first floor, that opened up onto a grassy area bordering the pool. It was just down the hall from the entrance to the Bay. Again, perfectly fine, but nothing special.

If you want a good nights sleep and easy access to San Diego, the Hilton is great. If you are looking for a little bit more, you might be a bit disappointed.

• 2 years later...
We ended up getting a room on the first floor, that opened up onto a grassy area bordering the pool. It was just down the hall from the entrance to the Bay. Again, perfectly fine, but nothing special.

I got the same rooms as poster above on a Saturday for the rice of 109 using princeline.

enjoyed this hotel alot great for kids.

• 1 year later...

Just recently stayed in this hotel and it made our Trip!! This hotel is located right on the bay and we were upgraded to the Garden Villas for our stay. These rooms were VERY large with two queen beds a lounger and sitting chair. The best part was the balcony overlooked the ocean. If we would have been downstairs we would have had a firepit as well. We watched the Fireworks from Sea World every night at 10pm from our balcony. They also have jet ski and paddleboat rentals right outside the htoel. Best available rate for these rooms was $419 a night so we were more than happy with our measly $90 priceline rate! They waived parking for us as well (Which is a bit steep at $25 a night) I am sure we got lucky but I would stay here again even if we got the tower rooms!! Rooms were very nicely decorated in a modern pattern. Beds were very comfortable and sevice was outstanding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]