Hotwire Hotel: 3* Providence - Newport (Downtown) Wyndham Garden

penny waltz
By penny waltz,
in

Not necessarily. One or two person fold-up cots and pull-out sofas/chairs are also possibilities.

While there aren't any guarantees, sometimes one can research the likely hotels on their web sites and see just what room configurations they have. If you haven't found it yet, the hotel list at the very beginning of the state area has all the hotels members have reported so far. Of course there is always the chance of getting a hotel as yet not reported.

Romelle

The city zone is misleading since Newport is a different area from providence... this was for Providence.

I've booked a 3* Downtown Providence area hotel (was the only choice for New Years Eve) for 2 rooms, using the HOTWIRE.

This is my first time trying HOTWIRE, since I'm usually a PRICELINE person (see my history of reported wins). There are 5 of us total (1 couple and 3 single men!), but I booked it as 2 rooms with 4 people. after booking, I called the hotel requesting at least 1 room to have a double bed and the hotel said ok. If i specified 5 people for 2 rooms, the price went up to $99/night instead of $84 for the 2 rooms. So I opted to tell HOTWIRE there are 4 people, so this way we pay the lower price. We're only using the room to crash after bar hopping for new years.

From googling, I read HOTWIRE there is a better chance getting a double bed upon request than Price.ine. But of course, I don't know if this is a myth or fact. My experience have been only been traveling by myself or 1 other person which I shared a bed with using PL.

I was hoping for a hotel closer to downtown, this way we can stumble to back to the hotel after celebrating new years. But this is about 1.2 miles from the bar we're going to. This place has free parking based on HOTWIRE, which I guess save us $20 for parking downtown. So I don't think it's that bad.

Using Priceline for the Best Hotel Deals!

Thanks ya'll for responding. I never booked a room on hotwire before. And my PL experience has been only me and maybe with 1 other person, so I always got a king size bed instead of a double. So wasn't sure. I saw on the terms that there is no guarantees.. but calling the hotel worked for me. I assume since Providence is not a high demand hotel city so it was easier to accommodate requests, when compared to NYC or Boston..

So got 2 rooms

Using Priceline for the Best Hotel Deals!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal for New Years Eve and glad to see you were able to work out the room/bed assignments with the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Providence is definitely not a high-demand city for hotel rooms, but it does have BrightNight (downtown NY Eve festivities) as I guess you know, so that one night is a tough one.

I can't tell if you know Providence or not. The Wyndham is a long walk from downtown -- almost two miles. There is a little trolley-like bus that runs almost to the Wyndham, though, which MAY be free that night, an in any case is very cheap regularly. It's the #92 bus, but easy to identify because it looks like a trolley.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]